website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

13 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

There is no controversy in tennis at all. Rohan Bopanna is just trying to make noise. Has he ever bothered to read the qualification document. Did they never know that Divij Sharan would have to improve his ranking significantly to have any chance of qualification. AITA did the right thing by trying to enter Sumit Nagal as Bopanna's doubles partner as qualification favours singles players

Agree. But this event of punches counter punches  between Bopanna and AITA with supports from other notables and dragging in ITF and putting forward confidential mails and recordings in the social media can be classified as controversy

15 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Not a fan of Sony Liv at all. Many shows and movies including some Olympic documentaries can't be viewed on TV app but only on desktop or mobile. Also it was hanging too much in yesterday's India-Sri Lanka match

I face the problem where video gets stuck but audio keeps on playing. I experienced this during euros. Hope don't happen this time.

2 hours ago, sounak said:

Sonyliv will have all the sports simultaneously on different streams but on TV they will toggle between sports.

yeah...now sony liv has started football streaming of GBR vs Chile

some where i read that sony liv will be having 20 live streams from Olympics at a time which is great news for us.....from these live streams mostly indian events will be telecasted on TV

its great that if we want to see some thing of important and interest to us (other than indian events) atleast we have opiton on sony liv

Table Tennis draw

India's Manika Batra and Sharath Kamal will face Chinese Taipei's Lin Yun-ju and Cheng I-Ching, the third seeds, in their opening mixed doubles match.

India's Sutirtha Mukherjee will face Sweden's Linda Bergström in the first round. 

The Indian will next have to stave off a challenge from Portugal's Yu Fu in the second round and face host nation's Mima Ito in the third round.

Manika Batra to face Great Britain's Ho Tin-Tin in Round 1, will be up against Ukraine's Margaryta Pesotska in the second round and meet Sofia Polcanova of Austria in the third.

India's top male paddlers Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan get a bye in the first round in the men's singles draw.

World Cadet Wrestling Championship

India won 2 Gold 1 Silver & 3 Bronze to finish on the top of Team ranking for the first time in world Championship with 147 point ahead of USA(143)

Medalist

? Aman ( 48kg) Sagar (80kg)
? JASKARAN (60kg)
? Chirag (51kg) Jaideep (71kg) Sahil(110kg)

??