website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

3rd to 9th April . Fingers crossed hope no one qualifies . That would be a excellent gift to the federation 

Why do you want no one to qualify?

There was some infighting among the sailors with respect to participation in 49er FX

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/other/2021/mar/23/varsha-puts-oly-dreams-on-hold-to-coach-sailor-2280276.html

25 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Why do you want no one to qualify?

There was some infighting among the sailors with respect to participation in 49er FX

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/other/2021/mar/23/varsha-puts-oly-dreams-on-hold-to-coach-sailor-2280276.html

It just isn't the best pair there. It's a corrupted federation. Shwetha and Varsha won the silver in 49er FX ahead of the best Chinese, Thailand boats only behind the Singaporeans who already qualified. So they could have been favourite here. 

Apart from their mental trauma also the federation is just not great. I can equate it to Wrestling terrible politics just terrible federation. The sent 49er FX athlethes aren't like India's top 3 otherwise also. Anyhow rules are changed as required. 

For WFI there must not be anything like trials I think it's enough. If they want trials it must be 10 day continuos trials. Like how the fuck they choose such undeserving wrestlers on basis of 1 day's performance? They can beat fellow Haryanvis but not the Europeans or Asians. 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It just isn't the best pair there. It's a corrupted federation. Shwetha and Varsha won the silver in 49er FX ahead of the best Chinese, Thailand boats only behind the Singaporeans who already qualified. So they could have been favourite here. 

Apart from their mental trauma also the federation is just not great. I can equate it to Wrestling terrible politics just terrible federation. The sent 49er FX athlethes aren't like India's top 3 otherwise also. Anyhow rules are changed as required. 

For WFI there must not be anything like trials I think it's enough. If they want trials it must be 10 day continuos trials. Like how the fuck they choose such undeserving wrestlers on basis of 1 day's performance? They can beat fellow Haryanvis but not the Europeans or Asians. 

With respect to Sailing, is it just one case or is it systematic. Because the Indian sailors in other events are quite good with likes of Nethra Kumanan, Harshita Tomar and Vishnu Saravanan.

UCI Track Rankings

Men Elite Sprint

Esow    -    59

Men Elite Keirin

Esow    -    58

Men Elite 1km Time Trial

Esow    -    70

Men Elite Omnium

Manjeet   -114

Men Elite Points Race 

Anil          -97

Men Elite Scratch Race

Venkappa  -88

Men Elite 4km Pursuit

Chand Punam - 48

Men Elite Team Sprint  - 23

Men Elite Sprint               - 51

Men Elite Keirin            - 42

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Hope we can see an Indian in Men Sprint in next Olympics. Esow truly deserves to be among the best. Hope he is given proper facilities and chances to compete in International circuit so he can be in next Olympics. He recently did NR in Sprint event.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

We should target a contingent size of 135 in 2024 and 150 in 2028. That would mean more participation in potential sports like Swimming, Rowing, Weightlifting; while try 1-2 qualification in new sports like Fencing, Sailing and Cycling.

Team sports qualification other than Hockey doesn't look likely in the near horizon 

5 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

We should target a contingent size of 135 in 2024 and 150 in 2028. That would mean more participation in potential sports like Swimming, Rowing, Weightlifting; while try 1-2 qualification in new sports like Fencing, Sailing and Cycling.

Team sports qualification other than Hockey doesn't look likely in the near horizon 

This time we may end up with around 125 ......

84 now 

+16 in atheletics

+5 in badminton

+2 in archery

+4 in wrestling 

+3 in golf 

+1 in judo 

+2 in rowing

+2 in swimming

+4 in tennis

+2 in weightlifting 

I think we lost out 2 more in boxing due to cancellation of qualifiers.... So we should have been around 127

I think we can do at least 150 by 2024 ....

My best bets 4-5 plus in shooting in shotgun , 4-5 more in cycling , 5-10 in atheletics ..... Plus hopefully swimmers , badminton , judo, fencing may add couple more ..... Also mens table tennis is likely to qualify ... So 150 looks doable

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

11 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

84 now 

+16 in atheletics

+5 in badminton

+2 in archery

+4 in wrestling 

+3 in golf 

+1 in judo 

+2 in rowing

+2 in swimming

+4 in tennis

+2 in weightlifting 

I think we lost out 2 more in boxing due to cancellation of qualifiers.... So we should have been around 127

My best bets 4-5 plus in shooting in shotgun , 4-5 more in cycling , 5-10 in atheletics ..... Plus hopefully swimmers , badminton , judo, fencing may add couple more ..... Also mens table tennis is likely to qualify ... So 150 looks doable

Cycling Esow only can qualify rest they are nowhere near. Don't go by the rankings which i posted.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

11 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

84 now 

+16 in atheletics

+5 in badminton

+2 in archery

+4 in wrestling 

+3 in golf 

+1 in judo 

+2 in rowing

+2 in swimming

+4 in tennis

+2 in weightlifting 

Sharath wouldn't be around next time rest are not catching up.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

16 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

To get quota in other events need much more international exposure and Khelo India identification should be backed by exposure tour. We are not upto the mark in other sports. Apeksha in swimming is bright spot so need to nurture her.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go