PGA European Tour Kenya Open

G Bhullar, SSP Chawrasia, Shubhankar Sharma

Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament

MS :- Sharath, Sathiyan

WS :- Manika, Sutirtha

XD  :- Sharath/Manika 

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

I am looking at our olympics chances......as a warm up to olympics s 2021 ...... Medal hopes et al ......

atheletics - do we finally have chance in atheletics to get our first medal for more than a hundred years ... I am only looking at the atheletes already qualified ..... 

1. Javelin ..... Our best chance of a medal by far ... Neeraj broke the NR with a throw of 88.07 recently .... This is a fantastic distance ...
Comparing it with last olympics .... It would get him a bronze by a good margin and almost silver ( 88.24) ... He is in the top 5 javelin throwers today and has a decent chance 

2.Long jump - sreeshanker .... He also broke the national record .....8.26 meters equivalent to the 5th place at the 2016 olympics .... Can he produce his best at the olympics ...... A very very long shot for a medal 

Steeplechase - avinash sable has been breaking the NR a few times ... But even with that is so far behind the african nations ....no chance but can come in the top ten 

20 km race walk men - the only sport where we have qualified 3 atheletes ( max by a country ) ... Sandeep broke the NR recently 1 hr 20.16 ... A seventh place equivalent in 2016 ..... If any of the race walkers shows good improvement .....medalvery long shot for medal

Race walking women - bhawna jat - did 1.29.54 recently to break the NR ... An equivalent to a 7th place in 2016 .... Again in my view no chance at the olympics 

4*400 mixed relay .... India came 7th in the world champs 2019 ..... Without hima das ...... So in case she comes back and we do very very well ..... A very very long shot for a medal .....

Realistically yes we can medal but it all rests on the broad shoulders of young neeraj chopra ... . I will be watching the javelin final with bated breath

......also we may have a record number of events where we are in the top 10 ......the above as well 400 metres men and women relay .......

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

9 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

1. Javelin ..... Our best chance of a medal by far ... Neeraj broke the NR with a throw of 88.07 recently .... This is a fantastic distance ...
Comparing it with last olympics .... It would get him a bronze by a good margin and almost silver ( 88.24) ... He is in the top 5 javelin throwers today and has a decent chance 

I think Vetter, Hofmann and Kirt are the favourites for medal at present. Neeraj is surely part of the next batch alongside other Germans, Matusevicius, Cheng, Yego, Krukowski, etc. Considering his past performance, I am hopeful that he would be able to throw 90+ in Tokyo and get a medal, but as of today, I would say he is only a dark horse for a medal. 

Overall, I agree that this is our best chance of Olympic athlete medal since Anju Bobby George. 

Regarding Finals, apart from the ones you mentioned, I would put Annu Rani as long shot for Final as well. 

Olympic Quota no 53 & 54 

Sathiyan Gnanasekaran  and  Sutirtha Mukherjee won Olympic Quota as they won their Respective Group at Asian Olympic Qualifications Tournament . 

Sathiyan beat S. Kamal and RAMEEZ Muhammad (PAK) to finish on top while Mukherjee beat Manika batra to won Olympic ticket 

??

Big news, Kamalpreet Kaur qualifies with an huge huge throw of 65.06m in Women's Discuss very close to the bronze medal distance at Rio.

On 17/03/2021 at 12:48, Arup said:

8.29 was the bronze winning performance at Rio (an underperformance though by the great Greg Rutherford). Do you think Sreeshankar has an outside chance for the bronze medal?

He has an outside chance, needs to improve a bit he is peaking at the right time, the 8.26 yesterday he had a few centimetres on the take off board so should be able to go over 8.30

Athletics :

New National Record and Olympic Quota 55

Kamalpreet Kaur has thrown  the discus to a distance of 65 metres.. new national record in women discuss throw and she has qualified for the Olympics as well. 

What a federation Cup it has been for India . 4 National Record , some brilliant performance and 2 Tokyo Olympic Quota as well...

59 minutes ago, Prakash said:

Athletics :

New National Record and Olympic Quota 55

Kamalpreet Kaur has thrown  the discus to a distance of 65 metres.. new national record in women discuss throw and she has qualified for the Olympics as well. 

What a federation Cup it has been for India . 4 National Record , some brilliant performance and 2 Tokyo Olympic Quota as well...

Really unbelievable so many athletes coming up, Dhana Laxmi, Kamalpreet, Md. Anees(long jump 8m), Harmilan Bains, Chanda.