website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

I was looking at the boxing qualification for 2020 ..... India has a decent chance to make history...... Ever since women's boxing has been introduced in 2012 no nation has qualified a full team of 13 ..... Kazakhstan had 12 in Rio and US had 12 in London.... 

Today Manish and Sachin try to make the qualifiers I hope we can get one more..... 

After that I personally feel gaurav solanki is a brilliant boxer and in 57 women's we have two silver medallists in the world level sonia lather and sonia chahal I feel either of them can be a easy bet to qualify at the world qualifiers...... I think Sakshi was unimpressive.... Possibly her first major senior event and she may find her feet later... But still either of the two sonias could be better

As for 91  Naman has to dropped if we have to have a chance....he is by a long shot the weakest Indian boxer in this team....... Sumit Sangwan who boxes in this weight now could not participate in the selection as he was in a drug suspension but that has now been overturned..... I feel Sumit can make it easily...... 

So that leaves Sachin and Manish.... ?....Manish has a tougher bout than Sachin.... He is against Garside who beat him in the Commonwealth finals.... Sachin is against the TJK who is good but not great.... Let's hope he makes it as he will have a tougher time at the world qualifiers than Manish ...... 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi