website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

20 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Till last week all were sure Saina wasn't going to qualify for Olympics. So, good progress in one week.

Also, everybody knows Saina is not a medal hope this time around. In WS, it is quite close in top 8 (Marin instead of Li, who is at present WR 8). It is very unlikely someone outside the top 8 can medal (maybe An Se Young). Top 8 have class, are in good form and go deep in the tournament. Among them, it would depend on the draw and performance on the day but my bet is that medals would be divided among Marin, Sindhu and the Japanese. 

Yeah, good performance overall here by Saina, ltl above 5000 pts for being in Qtrs and her lowest scoring event with scores will be out. So should jump by a few places.

57 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Till last week all were sure Saina wasn't going to qualify for Olympics. So, good progress in one week.

Also, everybody knows Saina is not a medal hope this time around. In WS, it is quite close in top 8 (Marin instead of Li, who is at present WR 8). It is very unlikely someone outside the top 8 can medal (maybe An Se Young). Top 8 have class, are in good form and go deep in the tournament. Among them, it would depend on the draw and performance on the day but my bet is that medals would be divided among Marin, Sindhu and the Japanese. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Saina has got 5040 points and good thing is no one below her reached the QF. So she will move atleast a couple places.

I would add Tai to that category.

Indians in Action Today

ATP Tour 250

Auckland:- Rohan/Henri, Divj/Artem plays in Rd1

Australian Open Qualifiers

MS:- Prajnesh moves into Rd2

Sumit plays in Rd1

Ramkumar looses in Rd1

WS:-Ankita looses in Rd1

WTA 

Hobart:-Sania/Nadiia move into QF

ATP Challenger