website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

I don't see any bright light in badminton. Absolutely not. We are in 2007 as of now. Reaching quarters of bwf event is considered a success. Morale is a 10 year low. Even Gutta-Diju had won silver in 2009 bwf yonex year ending finals and were qualifying for year ending finals before that. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

Watched Kidambi in last few years, I feel his problems are more of low confidence and psychological rather than skill or fitness. Just yesterday against Chen Long, he played a lot of  cross smashes but not one smash today. Cross-court smash is of key shots in Men's Singles and not one attempt of smash winner indicates extreme low confidence. 

In my opinion, Kidambi must visit a sports psychologist, play lower grade tournaments to regain confidence 

17 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Watched Kidambi in last few years, I feel his problems are more of low confidence and psychological rather than skill or fitness. Just yesterday against Chen Long, he played a lot of  cross smashes but not one smash today. Cross-court smash is of key shots in Men's Singles and not one attempt of smash winner indicates extreme low confidence. 

In my opinion, Kidambi must visit a sports psychologist, play lower grade tournaments to regain confidence 

Yes agree..... The problem with saina is if serious overtraining....... She has a tendency to not rest and as she is aging that is creating serious fitness issues..... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi