website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

41 minutes ago, Smit said:

Babita is also a World Championship medallist, she has medals from Asian Championships, SF appearances in Asian Games, and last year's Asian Championships definitely make her a medal contender. She has been performing well

Her world championship medal was 4 years back in 2012. She did even get a medal in Asian games and got beaten squarely in 2 Olympic qualifiers and you are expecting a medal from Olympics which is the highest stage ?

For me the only medal hope among women wrestlers is Vinesh.

1 hour ago, Sanjib said:

3 World Cups in 2016, Pooja qualified in the finals in 2 of them and finished 4th in both, and finished 11th in the other one. While Ayonika and Apurvi were not even close to reaching the finals in any of the 3 World cup events this year, are we going to be stubborn like the archery team and not send Pooja in Rio? Come on guys, pick players in form.

As per the ISSF rules the Indian NRAI  can only exchange one quota ........ we have already done it ....there is no more possible change we can do now, so no possible change in any more players  , let us cheer the players who are going we have no choice now 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, Prashanth said:

India move a spot above and are 5th in the latest FIH ranking....

prashant could you give me a link for this as I seeing india still at 7th in the FIH site ........ I was expecting them to go up by two places to fifth but I cannot see the new table anywhere 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

10 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

As per the ISSF rules the Indian NRAI  can only exchange one quota ........ we have already done it ....there is no more possible change we can do now, so no possible change in any more players  , let us cheer the players who are going we have no choice now 

Nitin are you sure, this is not about exchanging quota, unlike the entry of Manavjit Sandhu, here we have 2 quota we can send any shooter having an MQS, that's what I understood from the Qualification Rules. Anyway thanks, can you re-check once pls.

Just now, Sanjib said:

Nitin are you sure, this is not about exchanging quota, unlike the entry of Manavjit Sandhu, here we have 2 quota we can send any shooter having an MQS, that's what I understood from the Qualification Rules. Anyway thanks, can you re-check once pls.

I am 100% sure of it ....in fact few of the countries ( GER for example  ) had to drop a second shooter to accommodate a cross qualification because they could not exchange a second quota place 

4 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

found a link for your reference...page 5 ... https://www.usashooting.org/library/Policies_and_Procedures/OG_Rio_2016_-_ISSF_Qualification_System_EN_-_Version_Feb_2014.pdf

An NOC/ISSF Member Federation may request to change a maximum of one (1) quota place in one (1) event for one (1) quota place in any other event if available and if the NOC does not have the maximum number of quota places for that event.

3 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I am 100% sure of it ....in fact few of the countries ( GER for example  ) had to drop a second shooter to accommodate a cross qualification because they could not exchange a second quota place 

Ok, so say if a shooter with a quota gets injured, we loose a quota.

Just now, Sanjib said:

Ok, so say if a shooter with a quota gets injured, we loose a quota.

Yes if we have already used that 1 change which we have ( we had exchanged sanjeev rajputs quota for Manavjit ) 

8 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

prashant could you give me a link for this as I seeing india still at 7th in the FIH site ........ I was expecting them to go up by two places to fifth but I cannot see the new table anywhere 

I saw some sports analyst put up this. I dint cross check. Maybe he is expecting to climb.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Just now, Prashanth said:

I saw some sports analyst put up this. I dint cross check. Maybe he is expecting to climb.

Yes my back of the envelope calculations   also showed that they should beat BEL and ARG ...............But maybe the official table would be released soon .... I am surprised they take so long to release the new table