website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

AIBA World Olympic Qualifier, Baku

#Schedule

#Manoj Kumar (64kg) will meet  Rakhimov Shavkatdzhon (Tajikistan) in Rd 1/8 on 23.6.16 A/N Bout No. 319

#Vikas Krishan Yadav (75kg) will meet Dongyun Lee (South Korea) in Rd 1/8 on 23.6.16 A/N Bout No. 323

#Sumit Sangwan (81kg) to face Petr Khamukov (Russia) in Rd of 1/8 on 23.6.16 Evening Bout No. 332

#Devendro Singh Laishram (49kg) will meet Samuel Heredia (Spain) in Rd 1/4 on 24.6.16 Evening Bout No. 346

13 minutes ago, Prakash said:

AIBA World Olympic Qualifier, Baku

#Schedule

#Manoj Kumar (64kg) will meet  Rakhimov Shavkatdzhon (Tajikistan) in Rd 1/8 on 23.6.16 A/N Bout No. 319

#Vikas Krishan Yadav (75kg) will meet Dongyun Lee (South Korea) in Rd 1/8 on 23.6.16 A/N Bout No. 323

#Sumit Sangwan (81kg) to face Petr Khamukov (Russia) in Rd of 1/8 on 23.6.16 Evening Bout No. 332

#Devendro Singh Laishram (49kg) will meet Samuel Heredia (Spain) in Rd 1/4 on 24.6.16 Evening Bout No. 346

All of them just one victory away from RIO....

We are seeing very good result in shooting, Armed forces played a big role in creating a poll of good shooters in India. I think Army can easily repeat their shooting success in Equestrian, Canoeing, Rowing &  Sailing. Once they achieve success in these than they should also try for Fencing. In India it will take long long time to establish world class civil (non defence) coaching center for these games. But for defence forces it is not a big problem, as they already have primary facilities for these sports. All these sports have total 42 gold medal events. They can add swimming also. It alone has 34 Gold medal events. 

Army should have a sports quota for 8-10 year old children, so that those kids who have interest in sports gives full attention to sports, with already making their carrier safe in armed forces. We can produce world champions only if our players gets world class coaching early in their life, as early as 8-10. 

Edited by Vivek

15 minutes ago, Vivek said:

We are seeing very good result in shooting, Armed forces played a big role in creating a poll of good shooters in India. I think Army can easily repeat their shooting success in Equestrian, Canoeing &  Sailing. Once they achieve success in these than they should also try for Fencing. In India it will take long long time to establish world class civil (non defence) coaching center for these games. But for defence forces it is not a big problem, as they already have primary facilities for these sports. All these sports have total 42 gold medal events. They can add swimming also. It alone has 34 Gold medal events. 

Army should have a sports quota for 8-10 year old children, so that those kids who have interest in sports gives full attention to sports, with already making their carrier safe in armed forces. We can produce world champions only if our players gets world class coaching early in their life, as early as 8-10. 

Excellent inputs, Vivek. This message needs to be passed on to the right place.

1 hour ago, Vivek said:

All of them just one victory away from RIO....

Great result for Indian boxers last couple of rounds .................... :fingers:

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

21 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Excellent inputs, Vivek. This message needs to be passed on to the right place.

Let us start an online campaign for this. Request Government to have a national sports policy, which includes this points also. 

Edited by Vivek

3 minutes ago, Vivek said:

Let us start an online campaign for this. Request Government to have a national sports policy, which includes this points also. 

I'm with you, in this. Initial thoughts.

1.) Identification of new Sports, possible for us, initial prioritization, maybe allocate number 1-3.

2.) Each Sport what exists with us, infrastructure as you pointed out, the homework and how we can improve, a little study on what the top nations in that particular sport do. TOP, Government how they can contribute.

3.) Contribution of media, what proposals can go to private companies, maybe later, first we an focus on points 1 and 2.

Other people in the forum, what do you guys think, let us know.

Just to confirm, anybody who had doubts on about who shot those low scoring one's in archery qualification, it is confirmed by the media, that those scores were indeed of Champia, there was also a comment that the scores were shown in descending order, which was incorrect since if you look into Malaysia's scores, the one we lost, their last archer put up a lot of 10's.

Link - http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/indian-mens-archery-fail-to-qualify-for-rio-2016-olympics-2857933/

Edited by Sanjib

2 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Just to confirm, anybody who had doubts on about who shot those low scoring one's in archery qualification, it is confirmed by the media, that those scores were indeed of Champia, there was also a comment that the scores were shown in descending order, which was incorrect since if you look into Malaysia's scores, the one we lost, their last shooter put up a lot of 10's.

Link - http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/indian-mens-archery-fail-to-qualify-for-rio-2016-olympics-2857933/

The scores were written in some random order atleast for the match that I saw live on their channel. And believing Indian media is a bit of a concern, lol. Whatever the case, let's leave Champia to his own. Even if he was the one who didn't shoot well, I hope he comes back in style and does not let this affect his career.

8 minutes ago, Suneet said:

The scores were written in some random order atleast for the match that I saw live on their channel. And believing Indian media is a bit of a concern, lol. Whatever the case, let's leave Champia to his own. Even if he was the one who didn't shoot well, I hope he comes back in style and does not let this affect his career.

I'm not saying it was his fault or anything, it's normal to be in and out of form, he did his bit and I'm sure he will come back, the issue was with the selection after the defeat with Brazil which cost us 3 quota's. Malaysia didn't shoot too well enough to defeat us. Anyway let's forget and look forward towards boxing tomorrow.