200m - Suseendran Archana

400m- Anjali Devi

1500m - Chitra

Discuss- Kamalpreet Kaur

Javelin- Annu Rani

Marathon- Sudha Singh

4*400m relay- 14th place

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

I think world boxing , world wrestling , world weightlifting and womens boxing in early oct are crucial ......... atheletics seems in a bad shape ...... no good results this year till date - neeraj injured and hima has been having back issues , the major improvements in the national records -  i remember jinson -  1500 m., annu rani - jav , sable - 3000 sc and dharun - 400mh ..... i think only dharuns was

in the top 20 this year so dharun and unless some miracle by javelin shivpal to improve pb but his recent throws have been pathetic .,,.... did the relay teams make it ? 

Yes all three relay teams have qualified for WCs. But, I don’t have any hopes from them considering the lacklustre form of our quarter milers 

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I know Chess is not an Olympic sport but Chess World Cup starts today. 10 Indian GrandMasters shall feature including 15 year old Nihal Sarin

https://khantymansiysk2019.fide.com/en/live/

yes but this is a strong team ....... would be nice to see what some of the youngsters do 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

Yes all three relay teams have qualified for WCs. But, I don’t have any hopes from them considering the lacklustre form of our quarter milers 

Seriously do not see any hope of even a top 10 performance given current form ........ best bet may be dharun or 4*400 mixed to reach top 10 which may be best we can hope for ........... i hope a few of the others can beat their PB or maybe the NR 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Seriously do not see any hope of even a top 10 performance given current form ........ best bet may be dharun or 4*400 mixed to reach top 10 which may be best we can hope for ........... i hope a few of the others can beat their PB or maybe the NR 

Dharun is not fully fit and there is no clarity if he will take part in only relays or will participate in hurdles as well. 

Regarding PB/NR, except Annu Rani and Jinson Johnson, I don't think anyone else is even close to breaking NR at present. Really sad state of affairs. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Dharun is not fully fit and there is no clarity if he will take part in only relays or will participate in hurdles as well. 

Regarding PB/NR, except Annu Rani and Jinson Johnson, I don't think anyone else is even close to breaking NR at present. Really sad state of affairs. 

I really saw a turn around in badminton at the world champs ..... let us hope the atheletics people are able to turn things around especially in the relays and at least break the NR ...... I am so tired of stupid hype - India wins 5 golds ( in some pathetic competition ) , hima wins 5 gold medals in a row ( without coming below a pathetic 53 ) ..... what a waste of money - they spent 70 lakhs on this european tour of events