website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

India Have reached the very improtant psychological mark of 50 medals .......................... now onwards to 66 which would be the best ever performance iau n asian games beating 65 which we won in 2010 gangzhau ....... I am not worried about the medal standing right now ............ as the number of weird sports is so many ....... and so many good sports have been dropped 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

AITA give it back..

Leander Paes Dropped From Davis Cup World Group Tie Against Serbia..

Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan will be playing the doubles while three singles players will be Yuki Bhambri, Ramkumar Ramanathan and Prajnesh Gunneswaran. 

The Asian Games turnout of events is not bright for the Olympics. 

The sportspersons who failed include:
Manu Bhaker

Anish Bhanwal

Pooja Dhandha

Sushil Kumar

Shiva Thapa

Sonia Lather

Deepika Kumari

Manoj Kumar

the list goes on...

The Olympics qualifications begin now onwards. It will be difficult for these people to bounce back if they don't start now.

23 hours ago, Madhusudhan said:

Hi all.. good to see india performing so well at these asian games.....particularly by winning medals in Equestrian, Sepaktakraw, Rowing, Wushu, Bridge and now TT

Beating Japan and entering semis in TT is definitely highlight of these games  

The Indian contingent isn't faring well. We are losing medals in wrestling, boxing and shooting. The big guns are not firing with the Olympic qualification coming up.

24 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

The Indian contingent isn't faring well. We are losing medals in wrestling, boxing and shooting. The big guns are not firing with the Olympic qualification coming up.

I agree with boxing.....which is surprisingly under performing after good commonwealth games.... 

But i feel in wrestling and shooting we have done a good job... we won 2 golds in both sports where competition is at par with olympics (particularly wrestling)

What i feel winning 10 medals at asiad games and none at olympics is a matter of concern.... last Olympics we won only 2 medals one in badminton and one in wrestling.... none in shooting and boxing

Ultimate benchmark should be olympics.... in that way some of the medals(wrestling, shooting, athletics, badminton) which we won this time, there is chance we can replicate the same at the olympics.... in hockey and TT we have shown improvement

Edited by Madhusudhan

31 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

I do not get why you are saying we are doing worse in shooting ( last time we got a lot of our medals in team events which were not there here had they been here we would have got huge medals ....compare our ranking  ( In 2014  we were 8th, this time we are third and if you look at just the olympic events we were 2nd  ), I would say we have done superb in Shooting .......  wrestling we got more golds than last time  so I think the performance is better - if you win gold at the asian games you have a good chance for medals in the olympic games , whereas if you win a bronze at the asian level it may be tough at the olympic level ......... boxing I do agree we seem to have done worse 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi