website statistics

Table Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Definetly not a good draw for us at all, but maybe we can beat Hong Kong in women’s team and can qualify for semifinals. In mixed doubles there is no chance for Szocs and Ionescu even if they will win the first match against Slovakia in the next round they will play with China.

Schedule also available

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/table-tennis/olympic-schedule-and-results.htm

for once our XD is seeded and obviously it can not end otherwise by facing the highest non-seeded opponent in 1st round..and to complete it in case of win they will face anybody else in the next round than China...yep. pure Slovak luck

Okayish draw for our guys (BRA/FRA would have been more favorable), but it could.have been much worse as well.

Decent draw for Pucar in the singles, while Gaćina gets Togo! I can't remember our athletes going against Tripartite athletes so this should be fun. :d

#banbestmen

So our draw is....

Majoros MS - :ALG -> :DEN [22] -> :FRA [14] - This might be our best draw at the Table Tennis events

Póta [30] WS - Bye -> :SUI / :BRA -> :CHN [1] - RIP in 3R, Póta would need a literal miracle to win more than one match

Madarász WS - :NGR -> :USA [18] -> :TPE [13] - Could be worse, but I wish Póta had this draw for 3R, she would have a better chance

Szudi/Pergel XD - :HKG [4] -> :FRA [8] / :AUS  - If somehow they would be able to have a huge upset in R16... but yeah, most likely it won't happen

Hungary WT - :JPN [2] - lol, I don't have to look up who would be our next opponent, we all know what will happen against Japan

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:CAN getting :CHN in the first round of the mixed doubles. Eugene Wang is gonna have a short stay in Tokyo xD

I didn't expect Canada to do well but going up against the number 1 seed in the first round is not ideal....