website statistics

Rowing FISA American Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I guess it would be useful to make a simulation using heat times, though such rankings are by no means biding.

I constructed a simulation, but in rowing times can be quite different between heats due to each race having a different strategy. Additionally some rowers may be conserving strength and thus underperformed during the heats.

M1x - :CHI:BRA* :VEN:PAN:BER

W1x - :PAR:MEX:PUR:CUB:TTO

LM2x - :CHI:URU:PER

LW2x - :ARG:BRA* :GUA

Brazil has two boats with the second fastest time and thus must choose one of them. If they choose the LW2x boat the M1x quota will be reallocated to :DOM. If they choose the M1x boat the LW2x boat will be reallocated to :PER and the LM2x boat that Peru would have qualified would have to be reallocated as there are no more eligible boats (basically a perfect storm occurred where all the other nations competing qualify somewhere else).

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Nicaragua still not in. They need some convenient outcomes. :coffee:

Pretty much, more specifically they need Cuba or Mexico to step it up in another event (I guess Paraguay too, but it's very unlikely the M1x boat will finish ahead of the W1x boat). Things could switch around for Cuba and I highly suspect that Mexico's Juan Carlos Cabrera took it easy (or he's injured)

6 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I constructed a simulation, but in rowing times can be quite different between heats due to each race having a different strategy. Additionally some rowers may be conserving strength and thus underperformed during the heats.

And the repechage changed things up for the M1x. With Panama failing to reach the AB Semis, their chances have dropped to near zero while Nicaragua could make something happen should results go their way.