website statistics

Rowing FISA American Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

On 22/02/2021 at 18:14, mrv86 said:

Didn't know that fact; indeed an interesting situation, dont you think @Braulio?

Saul Garcia, never heard of him before, mexican competing for HAITI??? wow

So, Mexican rowers can only get ONE quota from this competition right? I hope Kenia Lechuga can go to the final world olympic qualification (if there is one held) and get that spot

29 minutes ago, Braulio said:

Saul Garcia, never heard of him before, mexican competing for HAITI??? wow

So, Mexican rowers can only get ONE quota from this competition right? I hope Kenia Lechuga can go to the final world olympic qualification (if there is one held) and get that spot

Have you heard any news of Alexis López?

On 22/02/2021 at 15:53, mrv86 said:

Because of the  qualification rules, I can see almost every NOC participant qualifying, and in the case of women events, even a women's quota being transfered to the final qualification event.

Actually looking at the qualification document, the quota will be reallocated to the highest ranked boat from an NOC not yet qualified at the World Championships. Only after none remains that a spot would open up at the final qualification event.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I'd be shocked if there were any reallocations though. PUR and TTO will basically qualify by default, while NCA not qualifying would mean they got a quota somewhere else (incredibly unlikely).

I agree, at worst case scenario, :ECU:PUR:TTO can qualify as they aren't competing in any other events and I doubt any nation will finish first in 3+ events (maybe Mexico?) so first place likely gets a quota. After that it would take a very specific set of results for there not to be a fifth nation.

I think we are more likely to see a reallocation in the women's lightweight double sculls, but again 1st place and :GUA (at worst case scenario) would qualify, leaving one more spot open.