website statistics

Rowing FISA American Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

Entries by name and boat for the Americas Regatta next week.

Because of the  qualification rules, I can see almost every NOC participant qualifying, and in the case of women events, even a women's quota being transfered to the final qualification event.

Meanwhile I can already see :PUR and :TTO clinching a place in W1x, while :CHI should qualify in either women's or men's L2x, or even both.

For Mexico, I should think Cabrera is a solid bet in M1x, unless Lechuga in W1x finish better than him (very unlikely)

I wonder why Mexican federation dropped Alexis Lopez/Alan Armenta from LM2x: they were probably our best boat ever in that event and another chance to have more than a single competitor in Tokyo.

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

We should easily qualify in W1 (less than easy Q would disappoint me from yog champion and World junior silver). 

And maybe both in men's but probably the doubles will go to the games.

Rememer only a single boat per country across all categories goes to Tokyo, the highest ranked takes precedence.

Only exception is if 2 boats finish first, they both can qualify; if a third crew also finishes first, then NOC must choose which among the 3 boats will be cut.

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Rememer only a single boat per country across all categories goes to Tokyo, the highest ranked takes precedence.

Only exception is if 2 boats finish first, they both can qualify; if a third crew also finishes first, then NOC must choose which among the 3 boats will be cut.

Oh, well I hope our men do poorly then. They can only hope for D finals or something at the games anyway

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Entries by name and boat for the Americas Regatta next week.

Because of the  qualification rules, I can see almost every NOC participant qualifying, and in the case of women events, even a women's quota being transfered to the final qualification event.

Meanwhile I can already see :PUR and :TTO clinching a place in W1x, while :CHI should qualify in either women's or men's L2x, or even both.

For Mexico, I should think Cabrera is a solid bet in M1x, unless Lechuga in W1x finish better than him (very unlikely)

I wonder why Mexican federation dropped Alexis Lopez/Alan Armenta from LM2x: they were probably our best boat ever in that event and another chance to have more than a single competitor in Tokyo.

:HAI competitor is interesting. :MEX born, competed for :CAN at the 2015 Pan Am Games, and now :HAI 

On 22/02/2021 at 18:53, mrv86 said:

Does this mean that the quota could only be won by an American NOC at the final qualification event, or it would be open to everyone?