website statistics

Injured athletes who will miss Tokyo 2020

1 minute ago, Oldira said:

Arthur Lanigan O’Keefe in Modern Pentathlon. Injured hip. 

ps. No idea how to insert flag!

:and nation code, for example : IRL  without space

or just click on the emoji icon on top right of the comment post and scroll down until you find the flag you want

:CZE Ondřej Synek will not compete in Tokyo in rowing single sculls. ??

Earlier this year he tried double sculls with Jakub Podrazil, did not go well. Later doctors found out he suffers something like "Syndrome of decresed performance". He says despite the great training and no injury, his physical condition is really bad and he decided to withdraw. Jan Fleissner, WCH and ECH junior champion will take his place. 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

no, not at all...:lol:

at the moment, I just can't run and jump, but I can still walk (just for short routes and with some discomfort)...

So you're skipping the 50km in order to focus completely on the 20km?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

:CZE Ondřej Synek will not compete in Tokyo in rowing single sculls. ??

Earlier this year he tried double sculls with Jakub Podrazil, did not go well. Later doctors found out he suffers something like "Syndrome of decresed performance". He says despite the great training and no injury, his physical condition is really bad and he decided to withdraw. Jan Fleissner, WCH and ECH junior champion will take his place. 

So the 5th, 6th, 7th place finishers at 2019 WCH in men's single sculls will all be out. And 9th place finisher Simone Martini seems to be in horrible form. Looks like :GER :DEN :NOR are favourites for the podium, with :GRE :CRO :LTU also having decent chances.

25 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

So the 5th, 6th, 7th place finishers at 2019 WCH in men's single sculls will all be out. And 9th place finisher Simone Martini seems to be in horrible form. Looks like :GER :DEN :NOR are favourites for the podium, with :GRE :CRO :LTU also having decent chances.

I think Simone Martini will be replaced by youngster Gennaro Di Mauro for Italy

it's always the same old story...

Italy have had so many promising single scullers that have been screwed up by our coaches, either by putting them on another boat just after achieving a good result as a single sculler or not really trusting and supporting them to perform at their best in the long period...

I'm just asking myself if I'm ever gonna see in my whole life an Italian single sculler on the World and/or Olympic podium? :nopompom: