website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Again a respectable field of 12 nations. Why on earth did IOC add mixed team event instead of this is beyond me.

Because mixed events help the silly gender equality political corectness BS more than having a women's team event. It's that crazy but don't search for logic when it comes to pure politics.

Our coach Zoran Zupančič put Špela Rogelj instead of Brecl, who is in better shape. This is because with Rogelj team won competition in Ljubno.

All good, but if there won't be gold today or at least a medal, things are not looking good for him. 

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Again a respectable field of 12 nations. Why on earth did IOC add mixed team event instead of this is beyond me.

Agreed, the funny thing is that thanks to this, the men have 2 team competitions and the women have only 1, so it promotes inequality. In my opinion there absolutely shouldn’t be normal team events/relays and mixed team events/relays. In some cases it makes sense to have a mixed team event/relay instead of normal relays/team events (if it increases the number of nations that can compete for a medal), not sure about ski jumping though. Quite interesting that there actually might be more competition on the women’s side. I think having a women’s team competition might also be good for the level of competition in the long run, because nations will have to develop 4 good athletes in order to compete for a medal. I really hope that we won’t have 7 ski jumping competitions at the Olympics in the long run (2 x 2 individual competitions + 3 team competitions), there is absolutely no way that ski jumping should have that many events, when for example figure skating only has 5 events (and one of those actually shouldn’t be an Olympic event). Personally I would like to see less events overall, but sadly this won’t happen (thanks to monetary reasons).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Agreed, the funny thing is that thanks to this, the men have 2 team competitions and the women have only 1, so it promotes inequality. In my opinion there absolutely shouldn’t be normal team events/relays and mixed team events/relays. In some cases it makes sense to have a mixed team event/relay instead of normal relays/team events (if it increases the number of nations that can compete for a medal), not sure about ski jumping though. Quite interesting that there actually might be more competition on the women’s side. I think having a women’s team competition might also be good for the level of competition in the long run, because nations will have to develop 4 good athletes in order to compete for a medal. I really hope that we won’t have 7 ski jumping competitions at the Olympics in the long run (2 x 2 individual competitions + 3 team competitions), there is absolutely no way that ski jumping should have that many events, when for example figure skating only has 5 events (and one of those actually shouldn’t be an Olympic event). Personally I would like to see less events overall, but sadly this won’t happen (thanks to monetary reasons).

Yap, makes it look as if women need their male mentors to handle a team event.

#banbestmen