website statistics

Women's Softball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

So IOC will only use canned audience audio for a few sports and softball isn't one them? I have only realized now that it's missing here. Maybe I got used to not having spectators during COVID because I didn't feel like the atmosphere is missing. It also helps that you can't see the stands for most of the broadcast. 

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

So IOC will only use canned audience audio for a few sports and softball isn't one them? I have only realized now that it's missing here. Maybe I got used to not having spectators during COVID because I didn't feel like the atmosphere is missing. It also helps that you can't see the stands for most of the broadcast. 

Softball is different in that the players traditionally create a lot of atmosphere, so that is maybe why.

So, after a shaky start Ueno does good, AUS really had a chance to blow this game open in the 1st. They only scored 1 there and missed their chance. You won't be getting much more against her and Japan. 

6 minutes ago, nenad said:

So, after a shaky start Ueno does good, AUS really had a chance to blow this game open in the 1st. They only scored 1 there and missed their chance. You won't be getting much more against her and Japan. 

And they load the bases! OK, pitcher change.