website statistics

Women's Softball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, rajiv said:

I note Australia has won a medal in this ridiculous minor sport every time it has been in the Olympics ( look it up )

The Gold medal game was always going to be between USA and Japan 

I note that Italy has a similar selection policy to that of the Israeli Baseball team  ie look for foreigners who somehow can qualify

Lets hope that these not very international  sports are not seen again 

Well to be fair the Italian pitcher who has a very important role is born and bred at least but I actually do get what you mean. 

4 minutes ago, rajiv said:

I note Australia has won a medal in this ridiculous minor sport every time it has been in the Olympics ( look it up )

The Gold medal game was always going to be between USA and Japan 

I note that Italy has a similar selection policy to that of the Israeli Baseball team  ie look for foreigners who somehow can qualify

Lets hope that these not very international  sports are not seen again 

Its the only ball/bat sport even worthy of inclusion and frankly its different from all the sports on the program.

1 hour ago, Bhaw said:

Really? Even cricket has more countries playing and more followers.

Cricket is played at a high level in every continent .

Now rather like the Israeli baseballers and the Italian softballers many countries can field a so called national team which really isn't  ( ie composed of the South Asian diaspora  )but there are 12 + senior or Test countries where the national team is full of genuine nationals  ( unlike here )

(I say 12+ because the West Indies is a composite side of various independent Caribbean nations )

Just now, LDOG said:

Is that an argument for anything?

It's not like we don't get fed with american sports through a thousand movies...

No, but is certainly fitting for a typical Totallympics bashing masked under a pretense of "discussion".

Baseball/softball is like the only non-European-centric team sport at the Olympics. And it's here for one cycle. Just let it be.

#banbestmen