website statistics

Women's Softball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

That's so strange. Imagine if any of the other team sports would have a smaller field for women.

To be fair, that's not the case here. Softball is just a different sport and is played on a smaller field on default. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Do they have a mercy rule in the Olympics? In NCAA they play 6 innings if one team is eight up.

Yeah, they do

Baseball 15+ points in 5th inning and 10+ for 7h inning

Softball 15+3rd inning, 10+ for 4th inning and 7+ for 5th and 6th inning

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Do they have a mercy rule in the Olympics? In NCAA they play 6 innings if one team is eight up.

Yes it’s 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings and 7 runs after 5 & 6 innings. 

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I actually prefer softball to baseball.  It’s much faster, there’s fewer mass meetings, there’s no stepping in & out of the box, players are having fun etc etc.

... players having fun... probably,  but looking some commentaries here... ? it's not the same ???

TV graphics seem alright for these Olympics. It's nothing amazing, but at least it's clean, no weird stuff. 

The one issue I have with the broadcast is that for softball the square where the pitcher has to throw the ball is missing. I think that has been part of the broadcast for baseball/softball matches for quite some time now in the US, and it would help TV viewers to follow the action. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

That's so strange. Imagine if any of the other team sports would have a smaller field for women.

Despite what the IOC might think softball is not women’s baseball and baseball is not men’s softball.

TBH as long as MLBers aren’t involves I’d rather see men’s softball in the Olympics over men’s baseball.