website statistics

Skateboarding at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Skateboarding can stay, but it does need to revamp its format as I mentioned before.

I'm more upset with how the IOC tricked World Skate into submitting skateboarding. They basically strongly hinted that if they took over as the international federation for skateboarding then they may also accept speed roller skating as well and then they went nope and only accepted skateboarding.

Of course, that's not skateboarding's fault...

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I totally disagree. I'm glad karate will be gone after Tokyo, and I hope sports climbing is the next one to go.

There are also other sports, like wrestling and badminton, that I wouldn't be sad if they were the next ones to go, either.

You see, it's impossible to create a program that will make the whole world happy.

Baseball/softball have no point of existing (as an Olympic sport) in their present form and I'm glad they aren't on the program in Paris.

While I have no doubt that surfing will stay in both  LA and Brisbane the jury is still out for me whether they can do it in a TV watchable format. This night I will try to watch it again now it has commentary on ES.

2 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Baseball/softball have no point of existing (as an Olympic sport) in their present form and I'm glad they aren't on the program in Paris.

While I have no doubt that surfing will stay in both  LA and Brisbane the jury is still out for me whether they can do it in a TV watchable format. This night I will try to watch it again now it has commentary on ES.

Surfing is definitely "wait for the highlights" type of sport since for most of the time it's them waiting for a good wave.

22 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I totally disagree. I'm glad karate will be gone after Tokyo, and I hope sports climbing is the next one to go.

There are also other sports, like wrestling and badminton, that I wouldn't be sad if they were the next ones to go, either.

You see, it's impossible to create a program that will make the whole world happy.

So we should go with the majority. And the majority people on earth prefer karate over skateboarding

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

So we should go with the majority. And the majority people on earth prefer karate over skateboarding

What's your source? Unless you've asked every single individual, I'm really skeptical. :p

And, no, this forum is not a reliable source for anything. We have a bunch of sports fanatics, some with very conservative and retrograde ideas, and most of whom deliberately promote a sports agenda that would benefit their own nation -- and, in this last topic, I include myself, since my opinion is not unbiased in any manner. 

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It looks like most people have the same first impression - it's a slopestyle without the snow. Which means it's not exactly new for anyone who follows Winter OG. I assume Brazilians don't actually watch winter Olympics all that much hence they don't realize the "own thing" isn't exactly the case.

The BBC uses the same commentator for both sports which seems to support your argument.

street skateboarding must go only because they left Leticia out of the final...

how can man do something like that???

poor Leticia...:wub: :wub: :wub:

p.s. yes, I have her instagram page among my favourites on my PC...just above Camila Giorgi and Jutta Leerdam's...:yikes: :lol:

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

street skateboarding must go only because they left Leticia out of the final...

how can man do something like that???

poor Leticia...:wub: :wub: :wub:

p.s. yes, I have her instagram page among my favourites on my PC...just above Camila Giorgi and Jutta Leerdam's...:yikes: :lol:

Japanese should take some more golds as hosts.. ?