website statistics

Skateboarding at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

For me it was a huge surprise that the :HUN Eurosport had a :HUN skateboarder as a guest commentator. He and his wife apparently do it at a competitive level (it is safe to assume they are not part of the world elite...)

Among others it turned out from the broadcast that his wife is big friends with the Austrian competitor in the women's, hahaha.

17 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

They couldn't bother hiring someone from the skateboard world? Here there was like 3 former skateboarders commenting :lol:

They seem to be using three people. Ed Leigh and Tim Warwood who normally commentate on freestyle skiing and snowboard. In addition they have Mark Churchill who I think is their skateboard expert.

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

The BBC uses the same commentator for both sports which seems to support your argument.

17 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

They couldn't bother hiring someone from the skateboard world? Here there was like 3 former skateboarders commenting :lol:

Polish Eurosport uses the same commentator for skateboarding which has worked on freestyle skiing (slopestyle, half-pipe & big air) in the last decade. He's actually a former snowboarder and probably will also comment BMX racing at the Games. But he can say all those "backside cork switch grab" words fluently and it's clear he knows exactly what he's talking about :p

I'd be interested to know how much of her short life  the GB skateboarder Sky Brown has spent in the UK  ( maybe there was a trip to see Grandma ? )

Not that I doubt her credentials -she has a British father which is rather better than those GB female sprint hurdles  sisters who apparently have GB passports because their grandmother once changed planes at Heathrow