Maja Stark – golf 

Ebba Årsjö – alpine skiing(parasport) 

Maja Åskag – athletics

The coach of the year

Henrik Ankarcrona – equestrian, jumping

Peter Gerhardsson – football 

Vésteinn Hafsteinsson – athletics 

Johannes Lukas – biathlon 

Rather unsurpsiringly, the nominations in the Netherlands were made only after the Formula 1 decider :p

Man: Max Verstappen, Niek Kimmann, Harrie Lavreysen
Woman: Sifan Hassan, Suzanne Schulting en Annemiek van Vleuten
Paralympic athlete: Diede de Groot, Jetze Plat en rolstoelbasketballers
Team: Track cyclists (sprint, I assume), hockey women, rowing fours
Coach: Hugo Haak, Laurent Meuwly en Eelke vd Wal

Man and woman should really be no-breaners in favour of obviously Verstappen and Hassan, probably the team and coach (Haak, the track sprinters coach) as well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A sportsman of the year award for Verstappen feels so wrong to me, but it's inevitable now. I'd much rather see Lavreysen win it personally.

I feel like Meuwly also has a chance for the coach of the year. The track relay teams have had a really good showing this year at the indoor Euros, Worls Relays and the Olympics. And both of the 400m teams are a good media presence as well.

The other categories are lock-ins I agree. 

53 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

A sportsman of the year award for Verstappen feels so wrong to me, but it's inevitable now.

No other sportsman this year has had a result that comes even close to what he has done now in terms of overall impact and general historic value in the history of Dutch sports. Without meaning anything bad towards Lavreysen and Kimmann, because they are absolutely worthy contenders.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

British nominations, also from this morning, strangely enough.

Tom Daley, Olympic diver

Tyson Fury, Pro Boxer

Adam Peaty, Olympic Swimmer

Emma Raducanu, Tennis

Raheem Sterling, Football

Dame Sarah Storey, Paralympic cyclist.

Raducanu is the strong favourite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/59607666

Olimpia Awards ceremony took place yesterday (most notorious sport award in the country, voted by journalists). 

Winner of the Olimpia de Oro ("golden Olimpia") and thus chosen argentine sportperson of the year was... Lionel Messi

Extremely predictable winner must I say. This award historically has tried to stay away from footballers (this is "only" the 7th golden olimpia for a footballer in 67 years of the award and Messi's second) but this year there wasn't really any option. 

Also, tennis player Diego Schwartzman was retroactively given the same award but for 2020 (the ceremony couldn't take place last year). 

Here is a list with the previous winners. 

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Olimpia Awards ceremony took place yesterday (most notorious sport award in the country, voted by journalists). 

Winner of the Olimpia de Oro ("golden Olimpia") and thus chosen argentine sportperson of the year was... Lionel Messi

Extremely predictable winner must I say. This award historically has tried to stay away from footballers (this is "only" the 7th golden olimpia for a footballer in 67 years of the award and Messi's second) but this year there wasn't really any option. 

Also, tennis player Diego Schwartzman was retroactively given the same award but for 2020 (the ceremony couldn't take place last year). 

Here is a list with the previous winners. 

men's volleyball team deserved more than Messi