website statistics

National & International Sports Awards

konig

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I wonder what the other 63+ million people in the UK think. In most of northern England - Newcastle may be an exception - rugby union isn't even the most popular form of rugby. If football is the UK's national winter sport, cricket is the national summer sport.

He said he doesn't even like rugby either. I can only speculate if cricket is more popular in some England areas than others?

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Hey, I know who is Zmarzlik :d I know 8/10 of your laureates but I have to admit that I never heard about Leon and Ponitka

Well, speedway used to be more popular south of the border some years ago but Czech Republic still hosts one of the Grand Prix rounds. One of the Czech speedway riders said everyone wants to be in the Polish league because it's the highest paid place available. The Danish and Swedish leagues don't offer so much money and the English league is basically on life support with more clubs folding every now and then.

On 05/01/2020 at 10:41, hckosice said:

Hey, I know who is Zmarzlik :d I know 8/10 of your laureates but I have to admit that I never heard about Leon and Ponitka

oh, man! Wilfredo "Willy" Leon is simply the best male Volleyball player in the world (Cuban born, then switched to Poland)...:evil:

Edited by phelps

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

oh, man! Wilfredo "Willy" Leon is simply the best male Volleyball player in the world (Cuban born, then switched to Poland)...:evil:

yes, obviously I googled after posting it. He looks to be a great player, good for the poles :d

Mahrez : named the best African goal of the year 

This is what he wrote on twitter 

H0mut0O0_x96.jpg

Congratulations to Sadio for his trophy well deserved

??
and sorry I couldn't come but I had to start scoring for the 2020 trophy

?

?
see you next year inch'Allah
Edited by bestmen

• 2 weeks later...