website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, NearPup said:

Does the swim even matter in modern pentathlon? A three second difference is only translating into six points.

It doesn't matter much. My guess is that UIPM prefers it this way because swimming is the least interesting, most consistent event of the four. There can't be any drama in pentathlon swimming as everyone is just racing with their own PB/SB, unlike in fencing, riding or the laser run. 

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is there seriously no overall (fencing+swimming) ranking anywhere? 

I'm assuming the fencing points aren't complete yet and only after the ranking round this will be updated?

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/modern-pentathlon/modern-pentathlon-points-women-s-individual.htm

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm assuming the fencing points aren't complete yet and only after the ranking round this will be updated?

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/modern-pentathlon/modern-pentathlon-points-women-s-individual.htm

Yeah, that must be why, but it's bullshit. The bonus round is even more meaningless than swimming, it won't change much in the overall ranking. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, that must be why, but it's bullshit. The bonus round is even more meaningless than swimming, it won't change much in the overall ranking. 

The whole bonus round thing is just so weird to me.

That being said, seeing outdoor fencing is kind of neat.

14 minutes ago, dodge said:

Here’s the nervous bit. When they find out if their horse is a gem or a dud

Slovakian official was assigned to pick the horses so you can blame @hckošice if things go wrong.

In any case, curious how will the riding look after that fiasco in Rio.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Slovakian official was assigned to pick the horses so you can blame @hckošice if things go wrong.

In any case, curious how will the riding look after that fiasco in Rio.

yeah go ahead, blame me for everything, for bad shooting coverage, rubbish horses... what will be next ? not working antisex beds ?