website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE.

Covid in July

Fractured ribs after falling off a horse less than three weeks before the Olympic start

A bad day in fencing, but a fabulous perfect score in riding

Laura Asadauskaitė does her magic again, running from 13th to 2nd and winning our very first medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I honestly can't believe it, if it wasn't for that horse on drugs in Rio De Janeiro, this could have been a third Olympic medal in a row for Laura. What a phenomenal athlete that will be forever remembered in the history of women's modern pentathlon. 

I don't know if she is aiming for Paris, it's only three years, perhaps she could do it, but she would be 40 in Paris :p 

Gintarė Venčkauskaitė raced a beautiful race aswell, with another perfect 300 in riding and an absolute cracker of a race in the running+shooting.

You know shit is about to go down when you have Venčkauskaitė with a WR and Asadauskaitė with the OR in the last discipline.

This competition perfectly sums up the olympics for Germany. Even safe golds are lost somehow. At least it happened in one of the most pointless sports. How the hell do they randomly draw horses and accept that you are screwed when you get the wrong horse? The result (mainly) being determined by luck is the opposite of what sport should be. I guess in a world where boxing is still an olympic sport, modern pentathlon might as well get a free ride ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

Obviously this is a farce. Thomas Bach OLY, 1976 Fencing champion, will not stand for this. Therefore, the Modern Pentathlon at the 2024 Olympics will be changed: Rocket League, FIFA, League of Legends, DOTA, Super Smash Bros.

Damn, I think that I could beat Asadauskaitė in this pentathlon :lol: