website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, Vektor said:

At least one Hungarian survived, but not the one who, based on her form this year, had a good chance for the medal... Oh well, who knows, maybe Kovács can pull off a miracle after all the shit that happened to her recently. 

Gulyas galloped at an oxer... She was lucky the horse ever regained confidence following that incident.

#banbestmen

The Olympic Games are always the worst when it comes to the riding of pentathlon, I think I have never seen similar madness at World Championships or World Cup events. Both Rio and Tokyo did a terrible job with this, it's clear that they don't give a shit about pentathlon. 

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

The Olympic Games are always the worst when it comes to the riding of pentathlon, I think I have never seen similar madness at World Championships or World Cup events. Both Rio and Tokyo did a terrible job with this, it's clear that they don't give a shit about pentathlon. 

But the riders are less nervous in the World Cups, so...

Obviously this is a farce. Thomas Bach OLY, 1976 Fencing champion, will not stand for this. Therefore, the Modern Pentathlon at the 2024 Olympics will be changed: Rocket League, FIFA, League of Legends, DOTA, Super Smash Bros.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Interestingly, everyone seems to be an expert on this sport now, calling it a disgrace and everything, that their country's athlete has been "robbed" by the horse. I wonder if anyone who watches this regularly can tell me how true this is. Some of it just seems like bad control of the horse to me.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Interestingly, everyone seems to be an expert on this sport now, calling it a disgrace and everything, that their country's athlete has been "robbed" by the horse. I wonder if anyone who watches this regularly can tell me how true this is. Some of it just seems like bad control of the horse to me.

Saint Boy caused two riders, including 2 pre-event medal contenders to be eliminated

Of those who weren't eliminated Constantin had 2 of the bottom 4 scorers. Coyle for Ireland is an exceptional rider (that's her background) and she didn't stand a chance

I'm sure plenty did make mistakes but there's no doubt that those 2 horses were particularly poor today. 

I think Schleu was robbed of a gold. Even a passable horse would have given her enough to win. I haven't used words like disgrace etc as it's part of the game but I think it's fair to point out particularly troublesome horses too