website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

It's obvious basically all politicians are hypocrites. Yes, liberals from Western Europe are too! Germany brought far-right AfD into relevance and now they're making money off Nord Stream 2. Hungary is a small country so it's obvious Goliath like Germany has an advantage. Yet the same Germany is scared to upset Russia too much - or pretends Russia ain't that bad even though everyone knows Putin calls the shots and pokes the EU with an iron stick all the time :lol:

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Kinda like the Hungarian fans who held up anti-LGBT+ signs during their first match of the tournament…

Yeah, compare Hungary to Angela Merkel. I understand powerhouses like USA and Germany LOVE to pick on the weaker countries to make them feel even more important and powerful. And then you wonder why the bullied countries have each other's backs?

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, compare Hungary to Angela Merkel. I understand powerhouses like USA and Germany LOVE to pick on the weaker countries to make them feel even more important and powerful. And then you wonder why the bullied countries have each other's backs?

See, the advantage that Hungary & Poland have is that they have already read the last page in the book. They know that all these wonderful pleas for love, respect & universal tolerance mean is that people who merely think men can’t become women just by saying so will get fired from their jobs & even jailed. So naturally, after having already had 45 years of that, they don’t want it back again.

It's all over the Western and Hungarian internet what Dutch PM Rutte said...

"The long-term aim is to bring Hungary to its knees on this issue"

Orbán must be so damn happy right now, they are serving his "war for Hungarian independence" on a silver plate. Rutte must know what this achieves in Hungary and doesn't care. You just can't say this to a nation of people who were under foreign occupation not that long ago and one of their most celebrated moment in history is a revolution against a foreign ideology. One of the leading Hungarian right-wing politicians already calling Rutte a colonizer on the Hungarian national news site and saying that they will fight for our freedom. 

It's rarely seen that China publicly pick a side to support in international dispute. But suddenly China began widely reported that China support Argentina on Malvinas and calling for end of colonization. Everybody knows it's for anti-UK but I don't see we have a sudden escalation of conflict with UK, So I am quite confused about the timing. Anyway, it's a good news for Argentina that we can sell weapons to them without fear of UK ban or threatens which Western democracies can't offer.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

It's rarely seen that China publicly pick a side to support in international dispute. But suddenly China began widely reported that China support Argentina on Malvinas and calling for end of colonization. Everybody knows it's for anti-UK but I don't see we have a sudden escalation of conflict with UK, So I am quite confused about the timing. Anyway, it's a good news for Argentina that we can sell weapons to them without fear of UK ban or threatens which Western democracies can't offer.

The good news is that there’s no such place as The Malvinas.

Meanwhile Kamala Harris bothered to show up at the Mexican border but she seems to be totally clueless as expected. I mean she had no better ideas than to tell Guatemala people to stay back home few weeks ago. The number of illegal immigrants only goes up on the Biden-Harris watch which is also not surprising.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57619601