website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, I wonder why Twitter didn't have the guts to suspend his account before the elections? :p

Because there was some sense that the account of the head of state had a certain kind of value. It's gone from very shitty and full of lies to outright dangerous rather quickly though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Because there was some sense that the account of the head of state had a certain kind of value. It's gone from very shitty and full of lies to outright dangerous rather quickly though.

What sense? Nothing has changed in Donald Trump. He posted misleading crap on twitter for YEARS. And twitter didn't have the courage to do anything about it UNTIL he's got 12 days in office left? Like really? It's like celebrating a touchdown down 45-0 with two minutes left. You simply look like a fool at this stage.

18 hours ago, Agger said:

Meanwhile Pro-Beijing HK politicians are looking into possibly prosecuting Danish Politicians including 2 members of parliament and 2 young politicians (the former president of the Danish Conservative Youth Party and one from my party) for aiding democrat Ted Hui.

)

Disgusting.

Twitter imposes a permanent ban on Trump.

I guess this is the end of free speech in America? Sure is convenient how a modest-sized mob attacking Capitol Hill can be used as an excuse to hush the voices of millions of people.

Nothing spells America like living in a bubble, though, so no real surprise there...

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Twitter imposes a permanent ban on Trump.

I guess this is the end of free speech in America? Sure is convenient how a modest-sized mob attacking Capitol Hill can be used as an excuse to hush the voices of millions of people.

Nothing spells America like living in a bubble, though, so no real surprise there...

A private company banning a user has nothing to do with free speech... The main problem about this is how incredibly inconsistent they are when banning Trump (and a bunch of supporters and people around him) while people in other countries utter their hate speech without consequence.

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Censoring the Trump supporters will only make them more angry :p I hope Democrats are prepared for more riots in 2021? :coffee:

I certainly hope they are better prepared in 10 days considering what some people write on Parler.