website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

11 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Meantime Pres Trump is doing five rallies per day of the conventional come-one-come-all type.

That is a heck of a schedule. I'm surprised there is no Ohio there, though with all the other visits in the Rust belt and the good words on the ground, they could spare a trip there. And this is not including what Pence is doing.

image_2020-10-30_213927.png

Well.

12 states still pretty much in play in the presidential election with about half a week to go and 10 senate elections looking pretty tight as well (RCP ratings) (though we'll most likely be looking at a runoff in the Georgia special election). That's really gonna be one heck of a election night (and week while the last votes are counted) not to mention that both presidential candidates are certainly preparing to fight for recounts.

The polls are looking better for Biden than Clinton at this point, but nothing is over

14 hours ago, rybak said:

The what? :lol:

Covfeve

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, Agger said:

Well.

12 states still pretty much in play in the presidential election with about half a week to go and 10 senate elections looking pretty tight as well (RCP ratings) (though we'll most likely be looking at a runoff in the Georgia special election). That's really gonna be one heck of a election night (and week while the last votes are counted) not to mention that both presidential candidates are certainly preparing to fight for recounts.

The polls are looking better for Biden than Clinton at this point, but nothing is over

In terms of as good as certain electoral votes, it's 234-125 in Biden's advantage. Meaning Biden would need only 36 more, with Pennsylvania (20), Arizona (11), Minnesota, Wisconsin (both 10) and New Hampshire (4) being states which aren't counted in the 234 but where Biden seems to have the upper hand. Two of those would already be enough if one out of Florida, Georgia or North Carolina goes to him.

It does look a lot better than it did for Clinton indeed, although Clinton was on her way to the win halfway through the night four years ago. I personally love 270towin.com, here's the map in which I've filled in the 'certain' states (darker colours), the states in which there's a slight favourite in between 'certain' and 'toss-up' (lighter colours) and the true toss-ups (grey).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It does look a lot better than it did for Clinton indeed, although Clinton was on her way to the win halfway through the night four years ago. I personally love 270towin.com, here's the map in which I've filled in the 'certain' states (darker colours), the states in which there's a slight favourite in between 'certain' and 'toss-up' (lighter colours) and the true toss-ups (grey).

There is a logical explanation for this, which we will see Tuesday as well.  The first results that come in contain the Mail sent and pre-election votes, which are skewing more Democrat, while the GOP in person, election votes come at the back half of the counting. 

Especially in Florida, it has been noted in the last days, that the early results Tuesday, will show a Biden lead, but that won't mean much, because it would be mostly the Mail votes. 

I am really surprised to see how obsessed many people on here seem to be with US politics in general and the 2020 elections in particular. Are there really non-American people who will stay up all night in the middle of the week to wait for the results?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.