website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

On what planet is Feinstein a "Democratic Party hero"? It has long been a source of frustration among the base that the senior senator from California (of all states) is a centrist.

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yet another Democratic Party hero revealed to be a doddering, senile old fool.  (And also hugely corrupt - has made a fortune passing insider trading tips to her husband. Highly illegal for you & me, but not for Senate Democrats)

Feinstein relies heavily on her ever-present staff to deal with any issues, frequently turning to them for help in responding to inquiries. Feinstein had to be coaxed into wearing a mask around the Senate during the early days of the pandemic, despite being part of the most vulnerable age groups for the disease. She’s only made two floor speeches in the last nine months, her last being in early July, although she remains active in committee hearings.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/23/dianne-feinstein-supreme-court-battle-420357

I voted against her in 2018 :d

She actually didn’t even receive the California Democratic Party’s endorsement in 2018. They endorsed her challenger (and the candidate I voted for) Kevin de León. León was the better candidate, but Feinstein had better name recognition and large support amongst women.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First official presidential visit of Slovakia since the begining of the coronavirus pandemic ...and... thus the first honey from the presidential palace could be donated. :d

:UKR president Volodymir Zelinsky arrived today to visit Slovakia

obrázok.png

Spoiler

31129.JPG

26182.JPG

55947.JPG

36 minutes ago, hckosice said:

First official presidential visit of Slovakia since the begining of the coronavirus pandemic ...and... thus the first honey from the presidential palace could be donated. :d

:UKR president Volodymir Zelinsky arrived today to visit Slovakia

obrázok.png

Reveal hidden contents

So what you’re saying is that Matador’s hats are the national dress of Slovak men?

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

So what you’re saying is that Matador’s hats are the national dress of Slovak men?

It may differ by region, but yes it is one of the national hats (Liptovský širák - Liptov hat) from the Liptov region

Spoiler

01.jpg

bpgt.janosik_dnes.jpg

KwzHLXxXvkVeXcNxL3ZtuOsKtR4nFWTXGvUHnit6

3-d37acf33337bee83aa5e372eb03ebc2a48bd8b

However the real SVK "national" hat is the (Goralský hat) from around the SVK-POL Tatras borders region. A typical part of Slovak sports fans dress (mainly ice hockey)

RVckVT4OEwNtfZkDAPz-AOUGhouitpX7I4wnnmxg

Spoiler

Ofq2FyBafXFgboxbRZm8IBXHHkPn1fvJfiP9HAqz

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

I wonder how many people get fooled into thinking he's got dozens of appointments in one day just by the idiotic way this little blog lists every single step :lol: 

Personally I've had an insanely busy day:

- Get out of bed

- Get out of my bedroom

- Go to the bathroom

- Do my business

- Leave the bathroom

- Go to the kitchen

- Pick stuff to eat

- Go to where I eat my stuff

- Eat my stuff

- Go back to the kitchen

- Put my plate and utensils there

And that's only the first half hour or so :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder how many people get fooled into thinking he's got dozens of appointments in one day just by the idiotic way this little blog lists every single step :lol: 

Personally I've had an insanely busy day:

- Get out of bed

- Get out of my bedroom

- Go to the bathroom

- Do my business

- Leave the bathroom

- Go to the kitchen

- Pick stuff to eat

- Go to where I eat my stuff

- Eat my stuff

- Go back to the kitchen

- Put my plate and utensils there

And that's only the first half hour or so :yikes: 

So to sum up:

Yesterday Pres Trump did four Campaign events in three States in 12 hours, speaking to tens of thousands of eager voters & business people, with special events for Latino & Black voters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8774589/Trump-attends-four-rallies-three-different-states-works-crucial-swing-states.html

Joe Biden flew (private jet) from his home to Washington DC for Justice Ginsberg’s commemoration.  He answered one single question from the Press.  He did not meet a single member of the public.  He then went back home for the rest of the day.