website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

I’m getting towards that tipping point where I start saying things I regret, so I’m just going to have to leave this thread for now. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I will say that maybe the officers aren’t completely at fault, but Breonna Taylor’s summary execution points out major flaws in our policing system. Not one officer was wearing a body camera, so there’s no actual proof as to what happened the night. The officers did not announce that they were police officers before attempting to enter. One officer just fired blindly, and at least they’re punishing him. Breonna was given no medical attention for up to 20 minutes; that’s unacceptable. I understand that her injuries were fatal, but at the very least someone should have checked, comforted her, etc. 

I think officers need to receive more training. “No-knock” warrants need to go. All police officers should wear body cams. Police should do their absolute best not to hit innocent people as bystanders during gun fights (it happens much more often than it should). Police should apologize when they do so, and not release a statement that says “I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night.” (Which is what one of the officers actually said this week).

That’s how I truly feel about this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I will say that maybe the officers aren’t completely at fault, but Breonna Taylor’s summary execution points out major flaws in our policing system. Not one officer was wearing a body camera, so there’s no actual proof as to what happened the night. The officers did not announce that they were police officers before attempting to enter. One officer just fired blindly, and at least they’re punishing him. Breonna was given no medical attention for up to 20 minutes; that’s unacceptable. I understand that her injuries were fatal, but at the very least someone should have checked, comforted her, etc. 

I think officers need to receive more training. “No-knock” warrants need to go. All police officers should wear body cams. Police should do their absolute best not to hit innocent people as bystanders during gun fights (it happens much more often than it should). Police should apologize when they do so, and not release a statement that says “I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night.” (Which is what one of the officers actually said this week).

That’s how I truly feel about this.

That costs money. And how do you want to push on with that when BLM lobbyists advocate to take the money away from police? Less money but hey, let's buy cameras for everyone :lol: That's zero economical logic.

Again, the main knock on police is they use guns when their adversaries use knifes, tasers or bottles - so they have unfair weapon advantage. Here is a guy who actually fires at the police from a handgun and it's still not enough to give the cops a pass. That's insane. Taylor's BF made a fatal mistake, he started firing when his GF was unarmed and there's nobody else to blame but him, period.

That's my final post on the matter and I'm happy the US law system agrees with me and no murder charges will be pressed.

6 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Aaaaand we back:p

Left for class; cooled down; and came back the chipper Matt you all love :p