website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Whelp, I guess we’re following the lead of great democracies like the USSR, PR China, and Cuba by teaching propaganda in the classrooms now. 

I feel it’s worth noting that California recently made it mandatory for all students to take an “Ethnic Studies/History” class before graduating high school. Colleges in the state also require a “diversity credit”, which means that you have to take a class that focuses on the study of a minority groups influence on a subject (Women in Rock’n Roll for instance, or Intercultural Communication, History of Hip Hop, etc.).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Whelp, I guess we’re following the lead of great democracies like the USSR, PR China, and Cuba by teaching propaganda in the classrooms now. 

I feel it’s worth noting that California recently made it mandatory for all students to take an “Ethnic Studies/History” class before graduating high school. Colleges in the state also require a “diversity credit”, which means that you have to take a class that focuses on the study of a minority groups influence on a subject (Women in Rock’n Roll for instance, or Intercultural Communication, History of Hip Hop, etc.).

How dare he?  Everyone know that only Marxist America-hating propaganda should be allowed in Schools! 

My electoral campaign is finally over. It was hard... I do speech/events in a lot of places, i meet thousands of people and it was quite fun.

For me it was a sort of frist time and the campaign was almost impossible becouse no any political party decided to support the NO at the referendum.

Well, let's hope to do a bigger and stronger campaign in 2021 for the local elections and maybe, who know, for the 2023 general election.

IMG_20200916_180412_441.jpg

(Technically isn't really over yet, I have a last event this evening :p )

@Gianlu33 were you a candidate, part of a candidate’s team, or part of a referendum effort?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Gianlu33 were you a candidate, part of a candidate’s team, or part of a referendum effort?

This time i was one of the coordinators of the referendum campaign in my provincia.

I had the opportunity to be a candidate to municipal Council in my local town, but I had to rejected becouse I'm working on a bigger political project (Volt Europa)

22 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Colleges in the state also require a “diversity credit”, which means that you have to take a class that focuses on the study of a minority groups influence on a subject (Women in Rock’n Roll for instance, or Intercultural Communication, History of Hip Hop, etc.).

Is there any list of things that qualify for that? Because the three examples sound....not very interesting (to me, surely to some people it does) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!