website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Here are the 9 finalists for Mississippi’s new flag design. I’m not a huge fan of any of them. I don’t really want them choose a flag with the confederate colors either, so that rules out a couple. My favorite would have to be 4, but I also like 8. I think flag 7 is cool, but it just doesn’t look that good.

Link: https://www.mdah.ms.gov/flagpoll

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here are the 9 finalists for Mississippi’s new flag design. I’m not a huge fan of any of them. I don’t really want them choose a flag with the confederate colors either, so that rules out a couple. My favorite would have to be 4, but I also like 8. I think flag 7 is cool, but it just doesn’t look that good.

Link: https://www.mdah.ms.gov/flagpoll

I'd select the one without the motto :p

Would Lukashenko lose if the elections were completely fair or is it (like in many other countries with authoritarian or populist governments) mostly the more "visible" urban educated population that is against him?  

16 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Would Lukashenko lose if the elections were completely fair or is it (like in many other countries with authoritarian or populist governments) mostly the more "visible" urban educated population that is against him?  

He'd probably lose.

Belarus is seeing the largest public gathering in its history to protest against the election of Lukashenko. Meanwhile, Thailand is also being rocked by large pro-democracy protests.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela