website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, I take issue with that. That is an incredible disrespectful statement for a woman who has spent years, of not decades, as a public servant. 

I would agree that the circumstances under which she choose were a little fixed (i.e Biden “gifting” a women with a chance at a higher office), and that I would have preferred she was chosen on her merits (which she may have well been given the stiff competition for VP), but it is incredibly insulting to say that she won the VP nomination by sleeping with Biden.

I know you’re just joking, but this is one of times it crossed the line in my opinion.

Errrm.....how did she get her start in politics?  Because she was a dedicated public servant or because she was sleeping with the Mayor of San Francisco?

Update: I do need to apologize - to you in fact.  Someone your age who reads nothing but the leftist media will very likely not ever have heard of that particular story, since the US media & even the BBC go  to extraordinary efforts to cover it up.

It was common knowledge back in the day - here’s a local SF newspaper story about it from 2003.

https://archives.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/kamalas-karma/Content?oid=2149429

On 10/08/2020 at 17:07, Vic Liu said:

Any action will be taken by the European countries and EU except for being disappointed?

Like what? Belarus is far more dependant on Russia. I am also not sure why it should be the responsibility of the EU to interfere in Belarusian politics. The EU can‘t even take serious actions against Poland or Hungary, which would be far more important and logical than taking actions against Belarus.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

It's safe to say EU doesn't give a flying rat about Belarus. It's not surprising given how they ignored the War in Donbass or shooting down the Malaysian Airlines flight before. Belarus has nothing to tease EU into fighting for democracy there :dunno:

I wouldn’t call what the EU did „ignoring“ ...

Taking actions against countries like Poland or Hungary would be far more important than doing anything about Belarus.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

55 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Nothing says 2020 like a woman who slept her way to the top.  :roflmao:

What about a transsexual, obese vegan who guilted everyone into giving him/her/it whatever job he/she/it wanted by invoking political correctness?

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, I take issue with that. That is an incredible disrespectful statement for a woman who has spent years, of not decades, as a public servant

I would agree that the circumstances under which she choose were a little fixed (i.e Biden “gifting” a women with a chance at a higher office), and that I would have preferred she was chosen on her merits (which she may have well been given the stiff competition for VP), but it is incredibly insulting to say that she won the VP nomination by sleeping with Biden.

I know you’re just joking, but this is one of times it crossed the line in my opinion.

I see what you did there ... 

23 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldn’t call what the EU did „ignoring“ ...

Taking actions against countries like Poland or Hungary would be far more important than doing anything about Belarus.

Yeah, EU has proven they can't do anything about global Russian influence so they might as well flex their muscle vs minnows like Poland and Hungary :lol: In the last 12 years Russia has invaded Georgia, annexed Crimea and caused unrest in Ukraine plus carried a military operation in Syria and EU thinks a conservative government in Poland is the real evil :p

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Errrm.....how did she get her start in politics?  Because she was a dedicated public servant or because she was sleeping with the Mayor of San Francisco?

Update: I do need to apologize - to you in fact.  Someone your age who reads nothing but the leftist media will very likely not ever have heard of that particular story, since the US media & even the BBC go  to extraordinary efforts to cover it up.

It was common knowledge back in the day - here’s a local SF newspaper story about it from 2003.

https://archives.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/kamalas-karma/Content?oid=2149429

No where in that article does anyone accuse her of sleeping with Brown. I’d say she’s pretty self made as a state and national politician, as she largely won all her elections based on her own efforts. That article even says her opponents were using those rumors to attack her in her first candidacy for state office. Brown also reeks of one of those politicians who’s so self-obsessed and scared because of his past misdeeds, so he begins to throw everyone under the bus just to create clout.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No where in that article does anyone accuse her of sleeping with Brown. I’d say she’s pretty self made as a state and national politician, as she largely won all her elections based on her own efforts. That article even says her opponents were using those rumors to attack her in her first candidacy for state office. Brown also reeks of one of those politicians who’s so self-obsessed and scared because of his past misdeeds, so he begins to throw everyone under the bus just to create clout.

Yeah, a 30 year old woman was dating a 60 year old man for what reasons exactly then? :lol:

From the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8616277/Meet-Joe-Bidens-running-mate-Kamala-Harris.html

Brown arranged appointments for Harris on two state boards: California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the Medical Assistance Commission. Together, the appointments paid her about four hundred thousand dollars over five years. He gave her a BMW. 

She used her connections to join the city's social elite. She joined the board of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and worked on causes like AIDS, appearing in the society pages as galas, fashion shows and posh socialite weddings.  

In plain English, thanks to her “friendship” with Willie Brown she was able to get her start in politics by getting corrupt, highly-paid no-responsibility jobs in the Democratic Party nomenklatura.  This freed her from the need to work at an actual job and devote her life 100% to politics.  It also marked her out to corrupt Democratic Party influence-peddlers as someone they needed to get behind. 

If you’re having to go to the Daily Mail to prove your point, then there isn’t much validity to the point you’re trying to prove.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela