website statistics
Jump to content

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

exit polls predicting around 10%, Official results showing 80% :lol:

Any action will be taken by the European countries and EU except for being disappointed?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extremely disheartening to see this here. This man is the worst thing that could ever happen to Brazil - if you guys think Trump is unreasonable sometimes, you should see this person talk for 5 minute

So I know that many of you probably don’t keep up on American news, but there is a truly saddening story I feel the need to share. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS, OR NOTHING CHANGES.    So re

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Any action will be taken by the European countries and EU except for being disappointed?

 

How would I know ? :d  but I guess the BLR people will do it himself sooner or later

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing is, these protests could be inspired by Russia as Putin wants as weak Belarus as possible. Without export to Russia, Belarus economy would collapse in three months. The only change of scenery will happen when Russia allows to remove Lukashenka. He's very weak right now and that actually makes Russia tolerate him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Any action will be taken by the European countries and EU except for being disappointed?

EU will impose the Belarus human rights and democracy act. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's safe to say EU doesn't give a flying rat about Belarus. It's not surprising given how they ignored the War in Donbass or shooting down the Malaysian Airlines flight before. Belarus has nothing to tease EU into fighting for democracy there :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Biden has announced California Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate.

 

I supported Kamala early in the primary process, before I did more research into her record. Plus, she didn’t really seem certain about many of her policies, which was a little bit of a turnoff for me. Kamala is somewhere in the middle between moderate and progressive; liberal might be a good description of her politics. I don’t know if this will win over disenfranchised progressives or anti-Trump conservatives.

 

With no third party candidates that fit my politics (or at least ones that clearly aren’t communists (I actually mean communist, the Green Party’s platform burrows quite a bit from the Soviet Union and PRC this time around)), and with the Kamala being a “local” representative in relative good standing with me, I’ll support Joe Biden’s bid for the Presidency. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Joe Biden has announced California Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate.

 

I supported Kamala early in the primary process, before I did more research into her record. Plus, she didn’t really seem certain about many of her policies, which was a little bit of a turnoff for me. Kamala is somewhere in the middle between moderate and progressive; liberal might be a good description of her politics. I don’t know if this will win over disenfranchised progressives or anti-Trump conservatives.

 

With no third party candidates that fit my politics (or at least ones that clearly aren’t communists (I actually mean communist, the Green Party’s platform burrows quite a bit from the Soviet Union and PRC this time around)), and with the Kamala being a “local” representative in relative good standing with me, I’ll support Joe Biden’s bid for the Presidency. 


Nothing says 2020 like a woman who slept her way to the top.  :roflmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Joe Biden has announced California Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate.

for some dumb reason i imagined this situation...

*Kamala Harris at the back*:"Run Biden RUN!"

Joe Biden:forrest gump GIF

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:


Nothing says 2020 like a woman who slept her way to the top.  :roflmao:

Alright, I take issue with that. That is an incredible disrespectful statement for a woman who has spent years, of not decades, as a public servant. 
 

I would agree that the circumstances under which she choose were a little fixed (i.e Biden “gifting” a women with a chance at a higher office), and that I would have preferred she was chosen on her merits (which she may have well been given the stiff competition for VP), but it is incredibly insulting to say that she won the VP nomination by sleeping with Biden.

 

I know you’re just joking, but this is one of times it crossed the line in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...