website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

We are teetering closer to domestic conflict. Two shootings at protests yesterday.

The first was in Louisville, KY. A African American armed militia had planned a protest march through the city. The Three Percent (Neo-Nazi) armed militia then came to the city to “defend property.” Both groups said their words and protested, while heavily armed. The shooting occurred after an accidental weapon discharge amongst the African American militia ranks. Thankfully, I doesn’t sound like anyone was killed, but three people were shot (all members of that militia). If that accidentally discharge had hit a three percenter; we would probably be talking about casualties in the double digits right now, so thank the powers that be that it didn’t.

The second was in Austin, TX. There was a protest march going through the city streets. While they were crossing an intersection, a car approached at speed and attempted to get through the protest. One of the protesters was armed with an AK-47 and apparently fired shots at the driver. The driver then fired back (using a pistol maybe, I’m not sure about the weapon), and killed the protestor. Of course everyone else in the area scrambled and it turned into a chaotic mess, but thankfully no one else sustained series injuries it seems. I should note that Texas is both an “open carry” (meaning you can openly carry your weapon in public) and “stand your ground” (meaning that if reasonably threatened, you can legally use a gun to defend yourself or property (with lethal force if necessary I believe)) state.

Of course everyone is blaming everyone for the violence now. It’s just a sad, needless loss of life. I think everyone just needs to take a step back, breathe a little, find their minds, and come together to engage in civic discourse about the events of the past 3 months. I hope that calmer heads will save us from further conflict, but I fear what happens if we continue down this path.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

37 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s a move to the right way, every major body worldwide has its problems and some are bigger than others, trying to fix things and to improve the existing is the best move here.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Makes you wonder why didn't Obama put those reforms in place when he was President? :p

Easy for him to say was hard for him to do...

Politics 101

Thousands of protestors are protesting against PM Netanyahu in a group called Black Flags , now they are claiming they are fighting against corruption and claiming that a PM can not serve as one with Criminal allegations against him, the hypocrisy in this situation is that this group founded by Ex PM Ehud Barak, a man who is facing allegations against him in the USA for rape and more with Jeffrey Epstein and others more over they are claiming that the lockdown and the restrictions are Netanyahu’s idea in order to avoid trial.. they convinced a large amount of the Middle class to join them in their protests but by the time those protesters figured out that they are protesting on everything but the situation that caused by COVID 19 , some of them “caught “ the Virus and now there is a raging 2nd wave and the middle class is under more financial pressure, (btw the government hasn’t dealt with the COVID 19 situation great and they need to be criticised but not in the price of health..)

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Makes you wonder why didn't Obama put those reforms in place when he was President? :p

Because the House and Senate were held the opposition party for the majority of his Presidency. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela