website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

15 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Meanwhile it's back to reality in the UK, some Libyan fella stabbed three people to death in Reading.

So much for the BLM peaceful protests being held in the same park just hours earlier. If none of the killed people are black I guess their lives don't really matter.

Long live Brexit!  :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975

And so much for these killings not being treated as terrorist act :lol:  It turns out killer was known to MI5 since last year already.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53129046

On 10/06/2020 at 19:22, hckosice said:

gubay lenin :bye:

And hello Lenin :lol: Statues being removed left, right and center, but some communists decided to place a Lenin statue in Gelsenkirchen :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53123947

Made in Czechoslovakia in 1957 :p 

_113004642_tv062053931.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

More shootings and stuff in New York since a certain unit was disbanded there. Wow, who could have seen that coming.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/nyc-shootings-surge-after-nypds-anti-crime-unit-disbanded

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

More shootings and stuff in New York since a certain unit was disbanded there. Wow, who could have seen that coming.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/nyc-shootings-surge-after-nypds-anti-crime-unit-disbanded

Well, we gave the police years to reform and they refused to, and then our hand was forced, so both sides have brought us to this extreme. This is what happens when people refuse to work together on solutions that will work better for everyone. #ThisIsAmerica

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And hello Lenin :lol: Statues being removed left, right and center, but some communists decided to place a Lenin statue in Gelsenkirchen :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53123947

Made in Czechoslovakia in 1957 :p 

_113004642_tv062053931.jpg

Auferstanden aus ruinen version 2020 :lol:

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, we gave the police years to reform and they refused to, and then our hand was forced, so both sides have brought us to this extreme. This is what happens when people refuse to work together on solutions that will work better for everyone. #ThisIsAmerica

You can't find a solution and your idea of blaming the police for everything ain't gonna solve anything either :dunno:  Eventually the crime rate will become so bad all the politicians will pour money into the police again because teachers & social workers won't bring them safety. I simply love the stat that heywood posted, it confirms my theory that taking funds away & disbanding police units will only result in a higher crime rate :)

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

You can't find a solution and your idea of blaming the police for everything ain't gonna solve anything either :dunno:  Eventually the crime rate will become so bad all the politicians will pour money into the police again because teachers & social workers won't bring them safety. I simply love the stat that heywood posted, it confirms my theory that taking funds away & disbanding police units will only result in a higher crime rate :)

NYPost is a tabloid. I think they generally report fact, but I’ll wait for some more trustworthy publications to report statistics before I come to any conclusions. Politicians can pour as much money into the police as they want, but I’m pretty sure we’ve showed them why that’s a bad idea.

There are absolutely solutions that will make everyone safer and happier. The problem is that we’ve let the police become too strong, and that has led to the rise of polarization and extremism minorities and poorer communities.

You also haven’t done much reading on this issue if you think education and healthcare wouldn’t help solve a lot of factors that cause crime. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

NYPost is a tabloid. I think they generally report fact, but I’ll wait for some more trustworthy publications to report statistics before I come to any conclusions. Politicians can pour as much money into the police as they want, but I’m pretty sure we’ve showed them why that’s a bad idea.

There are absolutely solutions that will make everyone safer and happier. The problem is that we’ve let the police become too strong, and that has led to the rise of polarization and extremism minorities and poorer communities.

You also haven’t done much reading on this issue if you think education and healthcare wouldn’t help solve a lot of factors that cause crime. 

Politicians act from one elections to another. Once the shootings ramp up, they will give in not to be voted out of power. That's what happens all the time. New York used to be the most violent city in the USA. If crime becomes the new boss again I'm sure taking funds away from the police will be a forgotten idea in a hurry. You're lucky enough nobody's trying to become the new John Gotti and flood the NY streets with mafia blood again.