website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Twitter trolling Trump is pretty fun to watch, one can just imagine the almost literal steam coming out of his ears.

Oh, he’s going to be furious tomorrow.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s no innocent policemen. They have beaten and killed black people in various ways for hundreds of years in this country. Even today, police acted like thugs and broke up peaceful protest outside of Minnesota. We have allowed them to escape consequences, and become too powerful over minorities.

Also, I don’t think forced apologies are going to solve this situation...

Police is a force after all? Who wants a weak police in their country? If they show any real weakness they might just dissolve the unit wholesale. And then USA can declare martial law and that's the end of it. What do you expect in a country of 330 million where people can buy guns like raisins? Minorities can't buy semi-automatic weapons or what?

Yeah, burning down a whole precint will solve this issue for sure :lol:

36 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

CNN reporter just got arrested live on air for disobeying Minnesota state police orders :lol:  CNN is losing their mind and plays the racial card since the guy was named Jimenez :crazy:

I saw the live video. I don't think the reporter disobeying the police order. He is quite calm and cooperative during the live. Police ask them to move and they are going to and then he got arrested. I would say it's the police overreacted and CNN is not intentionally playing the racial card.

22 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I saw the live video. I don't think the reporter disobeying the police order. He is quite calm and cooperative during the live. Police ask them to move and they are going to and then he got arrested. I would say it's the police overreacted and CNN is not intentionally playing the racial card.

Every single TV station plays the race card intentionally. The people in the studio specifically asked why this reporting crew was stopped and they said it's because Jimenez isn't white :p

Bottom line, if police tell you to move, you move not continue with the report, period. Journalists are not sacred cows IMO. They ought to know better after the precint burned down last night that police is on a very short fuse when it comes to patience. CNN lawyers will bail them out in like two hours anyway but CNN wil surely play both the racial & victim card about this.

CNN journalists have been released already. Of course the Minnesota Governor being from Democratic Party was personally involved there. Nice to know he walks on a CNN leash here, he wouldn't care acting so quickly for any random citizen but CNN is their media tube so he has to help them more than anyone else :lol:

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Every single TV station plays the race card intentionally. The people in the studio specifically asked why this reporting crew was stopped and they said it's because Jimenez isn't white :p

Bottom line, if police tell you to move, you move not continue with the report, period. Journalists are not sacred cows IMO. They ought to know better after the precint burned down last night that police is on a very short fuse when it comes to patience. CNN lawyers will bail them out in like two hours anyway but CNN wil surely play both the racial & victim card about this.

Journalists definitely do have the right to record and broadcast what's happening though. Didn't watch the video yet, but from what I'm reading it doesn't seem like they were doing much wrong.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Journalists definitely do have the right to record and broadcast what's happening though. Didn't watch the video yet, but from what I'm reading it doesn't seem like they were doing much wrong.

I watched it live and the journalist could have easily called the studio to say they will resume the report like 5 mins later after they relocate. But he kept talking to the policeman instead. If you disobey police orders you will be taken away in handcuffs. It's that simple. I have little sympathy for the CNN powerhouse who has state Governor acting like their courier :lol:

43 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I watched it live and the journalist could have easily called the studio to say they will resume the report like 5 mins later after they relocate. But he kept talking to the policeman instead. If you disobey police orders you will be taken away in handcuffs. It's that simple. I have little sympathy for the CNN powerhouse who has state Governor acting like their courier :lol:

He asks them several times where they want them to go. That's not really unusual in a situation where police don't want them where they are.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

CNN reporter just got arrested live on air for disobeying Minnesota state police orders :lol:  CNN is losing their mind and plays the racial card since the guy was named Jimenez :crazy:

We, journalists, will not tolerate totalitarian government’s heavy handed practices.

He asked multiple times before a arrested “Where do you want us?” “We’ll go wherever you need us to.” 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela