website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

China is going to pass a law basically giving it unlimited control in Hong Kong. We will witness the end of democracy in Hong Kong this year. At least we were all inspired against their struggle against those thugs for the last few years. :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

China is going to pass a law basically giving it unlimited control in Hong Kong. We will witness the end of democracy in Hong Kong this year. At least we were all inspired against their struggle against those thugs for the last few years. :(

China wants Hong Kong to be Singapore but Hong Kong protesters want Hong Kong to be Taiwan. It's the main contradiction, so the show will continue and last a long time. 

3 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

China wants Hong Kong to be Singapore but Hong Kong protesters want Hong Kong to be Taiwan. It's the main contradiction, so the show will continue and last a long time. 

Didn't like Great Britain use Hong Kong like Singapore before aka financial off-shore paradise? China plays the capitalist game despite keeping the communist fasade so I suppose Hong Kong will eventually have to give in. Btw, isn't Macau basically China's Singapore already?

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Didn't like Great Britain use Hong Kong like Singapore before aka financial off-shore paradise? China plays the capitalist game despite keeping the communist fasade so I suppose Hong Kong will eventually have to give in. Btw, isn't Macau basically China's Singapore already?

Macau is a model and China wants Hong Kong exactly to be like that. Protesters will eventually give in but not directly give in, still a long show to see.  

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Macau is a model and China wants Hong Kong exactly to be like that. Protesters will eventually give in but not directly give in, still a long show to see.  

Yeah, Macau is silently making all the business profit so I don't see how HK protesters will ever succeed with their actions tbh.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What I find interesting is China‘s global strategy. How many wars did the US start to gain influence? China doesn’t need that, they „gained control“ over Africa without having to lead any wars.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 21/05/2020 at 16:26, Monzanator said:

UK net immigration has hit the highest number since 1975. EU immigrants have been replaced by students from India and China.

I suppose this is what Nigel Farage & Boris Johnson wanted all along? :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52752656

I think there is a difference ...

I think it is safe to say that those students are far more qualified than your normal immigrant, I am also not sure how long they plan to stay.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I think there is a difference ...

I think it is safe to say that those students are far more qualified than your normal immigrant, I am also not sure how long they plan to stay.

Someone will have to pick up those strawberries Brits are so proud of. Something tells me it's a job for those lousy immigrants - no Brit would do it for the money that's paid to do it. Agriculture is one economy branch in Western Europe that thrives on cheap labour from economically poorer countries.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Someone will have to pick up those strawberries Brits are so proud of. Something tells me it's a job for those lousy immigrants - no Brit would do it for the money that's paid to do it. Agriculture is one economy branch in Western Europe that thrives on cheap labour from economically poorer countries.

In Germany there are also tons of People From Poland/Romania doing those jobs. GB could decide that those jobs have to be done by unemployed people who would otherwise lose their benefits. Of course only if they are in the physical condition to do that. If you hire local people, you have to pay higher wages. I think Italy is discussing giving citizenship to illegal immigrants who are willing to do those jobs. Recently I also saw a documentary about illegal African immigrants in Almeria, Spain. They only earn 10 € or so a day. The question is what would happen to the prizes if those people would be payed minimum wage?

24 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In Germany there are also tons of People From Poland/Romania doing those jobs. GB could decide that those jobs have to be done by unemployed people who would otherwise lose their benefits. Of course only if they are in the physical condition to do that. If you hire local people, you have to pay higher wages. I think Italy is discussing giving citizenship to illegal immigrants who are willing to do those jobs. Recently I also saw a documentary about illegal African immigrants in Almeria, Spain. They only earn 10 € or so a day. The question is what would happen to the prizes if those people would be payed minimum wage?

Cheap labour is the backbone of Merkel's pro-immigrant policy, period.

Poles immigrate to Germany and Netherlands to work in agriculture while Ukrainians immigrate to Poland to work in our agriculture :lol: And so it goes...