website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is true in states that ban unions, or don’t have strong labor laws. Democratic states have much higher required minimum wage requirements (closer to Denmark) generally between $12.50 and $15 USD. 

Liberal left has moved away from classic labour blue-collar workers though. It's all about ideology now. Industrialization has given way to environementalism and the production has been shipped to cheap labour markets in Asia. Capitalism & free market is more important than democracy in the Anglo-Saxon world IMO ;)

The congressional district that half of my town sits in got a shout-out on Twitter today. What Trump claims is false, but whatever. Interesting that district voted for a rather left representative in 2018, and it looks like they’ll vote for a far-right representative in 2020. Like I’ve said, my town is known nationally for being a hot bed for both far-left and far-right ideology.  

I vote in the other district, which also has one of the few GOP representatives from California. He’s a real asshole, but the state fucked us when they drew up the district lines. Gerrymandering is another wonderful side effect of the Electoral College.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

So you're telling me Democrats can bypass or bend the system just like the Republicans are accused of doing? That's a brand new information! :p

Though I understand Bernie's loyalists remain in a tunnel vision overall.

Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans. It’s like “The Juice Media” (a famous political satire group) said in their rebuke of the two party system. You can vote for “shit” or “shit lite.” 

For the record, the Supreme Court ruled that Gerrymandering is legal under the Constitution. Neither party is going to change that. People seriously don’t realize how much power a third or fourth major party gives people.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans. It’s like “The Juice Media” (a famous political satire group) said in their rebuke of the two party system. You can vote for “shit” or “shit lite.” 

For the record, the Supreme Court ruled that Gerrymandering is legal under the Constitution. Neither party is going to change that. People seriously don’t realize how much power a third or fourth major party gives people.

I told you before both Dems and GOP will NEVER accept a third major party in USA. Two-party system is perfect for them, either you're in charge or the chief critic. No third door. And the society thinks it's all about liberalism, conservatism or some abortion rights. BS. They hold the power and they won't let it go. And of course they tell the entire world how the US democracy is the best in the world and everyone should learn from them :lol:

47 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, that’s the district next to me. It’s known for its far-right and far-left voters. Last time an ultra progressive won, and this time an ultra conservative won :p

The Democratic Party did a terrible job of campaigning, but there that position will be up for election again in November.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, that’s the district next to me. It’s known for its far-right and far-left voters. Last time an ultra progressive won, and this time an ultra conservative won :p

The Democratic Party did a terrible job of campaigning, but there that position will be up for election again in November.

In Poland when the council tenure expires within the next six months, the seat remains vacant until the proper elections.

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

In Poland when the council tenure expires within the next six months, the seat remains vacant until the proper elections.

Katie Hill stepped down a few months ago after a vicious sex scandal that her husband started (He basically leaked everything about her private life, it so vicious that many Republicans came out in defense of her). The primary served as the first round for this special election, and for the federal elections in November. I don’t think the Democratic Party will win then either though.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Katie Hill stepped down a few months ago after a vicious sex scandal that her husband started (He basically leaked everything about her private life, it so vicious that many Republicans came out in defense of her). The primary served as the first round for this special election, and for the federal elections in November. I don’t think the Democratic Party will win then either though.

Yeah, I remember that scandal. Several political careers have ended with a lesser issue. An affair with a staffer is something that Bill Clinton got away with but not someone like Hill who can be replaced much easier IMO.