website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or you live a really privileged life where political issues don’t have huge implications on how you live your life. 

They do though, but sure :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Some people are pathetic..

Yeah, critical thinking is close to extinction here :lol:

And I think this problem has its roots from only having 2 candidates for last 2 elections. The politic is now about supporting the incumbent or not, kinda like the 2 party system farce

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or you live a really privileged life where political issues don’t have huge implications on how you live your life. 

I see that in the develop countries like yours but in the "third world" countries like mine........the politics is decisive in your life and can change everything, a little example:

in 2005 the argentinian goverment blame to he "evil" meat farmers (Argentinian cowboys :p) of the big price of meat, what the goverment did?, total prohibition of the exportation........and of course many of that ecnomy sector broke, can you imagine a similar situation in your country? and thats a little, very little example.....

Yeah, it's tough to compare economical powerhouse USA with most of the other countries in the world. Not to mention USA and its two party system is a joke but hailed as the best democracy in the world by those involved in it. Rich will never understand the poor.

6 minutes ago, konig said:

I see that in the develop countries like yours but in the "third world" countries like mine........the politics is decisive in your life and can change everything, a little example:

in 2005 the argentinian goverment blame to he "evil" meat farmers (Argentinian cowboys :p) of the big price of meat, what the goverment did?, total prohibition of the exportation........and of course many of that ecnomy sector broke, can you imagine a similar situation in your country? and thats a little, very little example.....

we do not have cowboys here :p

Slovakia will finally allow dual citizenship !!! :clap:

We are full gaz in the coronavirus crisis, but do not forget that Slovakia has a completely new governement that started basically on the day 1 of the pandemic start in the country...

yep nothing to envy..

but anyway, even despite the covid-19 obvious priority they have to work also on the other "normal" daily problems of the country and fulfillment of the elections campaign promises,

today they are going to unveil their program.

The prime minister already advises that it will also include, for example, a proposal that the Slovak Republic will allow Slovak citizens living long-term in the territory of another state to acquire the citizenship of that state without losing Slovak citizenship. That´s already a Huge step back to the normal thinking in normal countries. 

So which nationality are you planning to add? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

haha I guess none personally, but I know a lot of people who were waiting for this for years (we have a inportant hungarian minority who had to loose their HUN citizenship if they wanted to have the SVK one, now they will be able to regain back also their second citizenship)

This is one of the weirdest laws we had, consequences of having dumb parties ruling the country for decades... our citizens who applied for and obtained citizenship in another country automatically lost Slovak citizenship, it was also valid for foreigners, as soon as they acquired Slovak citizenship they had to renounce their previous citizenship, otherwise the Slovak one could not be acquired.

This will mainly help as I mentioned the Hungarian minority here, but also the czech minority...or viewing at sports for example Anastasiya Kuzmina now may be able to regain back her Russian citizenship, Rory Sabbatini his South-African one, wrestlers their previous russian etc...

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I heard he’s torn between the Orange and the Checkers...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela