website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Monzanator said:

I raise that bet! :evil:

I would just like to add to that that my post was meant as teasing only, before things get too serious there :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s not voter fraud, and California is working on improving those conditions. It takes more time because conservatives hate social programs.

Let's assume for a second that conservatives hate social programs (they are not but let's assume). why does it matter? the state is liberal from the top down,

Governor - democrat,

state senate - 29-10 democrat.

State Assembly 61-18 democrat.

US Senate - 2 Democrat.

US House - 47-6 Democratrs

Let's talk about l.a

Mayor - Democrat,

City Council 11-1 Democrats

Where are the conservatives matter??

If liberals wanted to fix stuff, they would've long time ago

Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

One thing I learned from Americans over the years is that they think they're the best in the world in absolutely everything. They've got the best economy, the best army, the best sport, the best movies, the best songs and of course the best politics. You are truly the ideally perfect American in every sense of the word! :bye:

Well some of it is true - Best Sport - True, Best Movies - True. Best army - True. Best politics - You are not enjoying our circus??

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Thank god I live in California. You sign up once online, and you’re good. No ID needed, no voter cards, no anything. Plus, I get 11 days to cast my vote. There’s almost never any lines at the polling places. I’m not taken off the voter roll simply for not voting in one election. There’s only ever one primary, and one general election in a given year. You’re not bound to vote by party (except in the presidential race now). I still contest the California is the greatest republic in the world :p

Thank god I live in Denmark. No signing up needed to get to vote :p 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

We have some very good non-profit think tanks that help inform people’s vote. We are democracy in the truest sense. A government for the people, by the people. People here are fine with our election system. 

Unless the said system elects Trump, when we go on streets shouting “Not My President”

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Bernie has already been declared the winner by CBS, AP, NBC, and FOX with less than 5% of the vote counted in the Nevada. It looks like he could win by a margin of 25%. He has done better than expected, and he’s been able to win 55% of the Latino vote (which is very surprising). Biden is holding second over Buttigieg. Warren is the only other candidate in double digits. Klobuchar is doing horribly. This is my one political post for the night :yes

That is a pretty questionable conclusion.

He got about 34% in the first round which is the one you could compare to polling. That's pretty close to the polling averages and a bit lower than FiveThirtyEight's simulated average.

Not trying to make it sound like anything but a win and he's still a big favourite for the plurality, but it's pretty much the expected performance.

Klobuchar and Steyer should both be very disappointed. Steyer could very well drop out after South Carolina if something big doesn't happen. Meanwhile Klobuchar might very well stay around for Super Tuesday as she is afterall still winning at home (which seems to be a big deal for some candidates).

Meanwhile Biden supporters see positive signs in the result, especially the entrance polls giving him good results among blacks.

Buttigieg should be pretty positive as well as he got above 15 % (so far at least) in a state that should be much worse for him than the 2 first ones.

At last Warren will be hoping that her debate performance will give more in SC as a lot of Nevada votes were cast before the debate and others say they decided long ago.