website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well being as I’m a student, I know first hand that our education systems need more funding, so I went for yes on 13. Our regional people are different, so those names mean nothing to me. Thankfully, I was able to get the Democratic Ballot, though I’m pretty I’m going to switch to Green or Peace and Freedom after this election.

Are you sure you got same props? After all I'm l.a and your a.v.  

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's truly insane. And then you wonder why people are sick of politics and why the 2000 Florida elections was such a disaster :lol: You're basically voting for people you don't even know. At least you know the presidential candidates :whistle:

We have some very good non-profit think tanks that help inform people’s vote. We are democracy in the truest sense. A government for the people, by the people. People here are fine with our election system. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Are you sure you got same props? After all I'm l.a and your a.v.  

Yes, the is a statewide proposition. I also had the countywide one about the firefighters (to which I voted yes), and the one about law enforcement (to which I voted yes).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Show me the proof. Sorry we actually let black and brown people vote in this state.

You dont show ID when voting.   What other proof do you need? My parents can come from Israel in november and vote

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

You dont show ID when voting.   What other proof do you need? My parents can come from Israel in november and vote

Except that can’t because they do have to prove basic facts when registering. Plus, the country register checks for irregularities. If voter fraud was such a big issue in California, we’d hear much more about it. 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Except that can’t because they do have to prove basic facts when registering. Plus, the country register checks for irregularities. If voter fraud was such a big issue in California, we’d hear much more about it. 

You have 60k homeless on the streets of l.a.  shit and needles on the streets of san fran.  Typhus in skid row.  How much do you hear about that?

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

You have 60k homeless on the streets of l.a.  shit and needles on the streets of san fran.  Typhus in skid row.  How much do you hear about that?

That’s not voter fraud, and California is working on improving those conditions. It takes more time because conservatives hate social programs.

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We have some very good non-profit think tanks that help inform people’s vote. We are democracy in the truest sense. A government for the people, by the people. People here are fine with our election system. 

One thing I learned from Americans over the years is that they think they're the best in the world in absolutely everything. They've got the best economy, the best army, the best sport, the best movies, the best songs and of course the best politics. You are truly the ideally perfect American in every sense of the word! :bye:

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

One thing I learned from Americans over the years is that they think they're the best in the world in absolutely everything. They've got the best economy, the best army, the best sport, the best movies, the best songs and of course the best politics. You are truly the ideally perfect American in every sense of the word! :bye:

Arguably one of the best ever :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!