website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is that the one that got shot down, or the one that disappeared?

If it’s the one that got shot down, the Russian rebels did it (with the help of the Russian government)

If its the one that disappeared, it was aliens, the Illuminati, or the hand of god that did it. :p

Who is making jokes about people's lives being lost now? And you dare to call people out over LGBT jokes? :dunno: 

Just now, Monzanator said:

Who is making jokes about people's lives being lost now? And you dare to call people out over LGBT jokes? :dunno: 

True. Fair point. As a comedian the line can be crossed. The difference is that the joke I made is about what people actually think happened to that plane. I didn’t joke about the one that got shot down, but I joked about the mystery surrounding the flight. If you don’t understand the difference between mocking people for their crazy beliefs, and making fun of a terrorist incident, then that’s on you.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You want speculation or facts? I don't live in a big enough town to see any LGBT people in public :p Men would have it far worse than women though.

I prefer facts. :d Why would men have it worse than women? 

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I prefer facts. :d Why would men have it worse than women? 

Two words: toxic masculinity 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

True. Fair point. As a comedian the line can be crossed. The difference is that the joke I made is about what people actually think happened to that plane. I didn’t joke about the one that got shot down, but I joked about the mystery surrounding the flight. If you don’t understand the difference between mocking people for their crazy beliefs, and making fun of a terrorist incident, then that’s on you.

I understand the difference but you still joked about the missing flight and the people that died there. Your sense of humor is toxic :dunno:

Both sides should just accept one anothers beliefs and just stop beating the dead horse. The sooner that happens, the better it will be for everyone.

I'm not a supporter of the LGBT and don't think it's way people should live their life, but should they be arrested and beaten - of course not. Everyone should be able to live a happy life, without hurting and offending other people, no matter who they are. If a friend of mine comes out as gay, will i change my attitude towards him, definitely not.

The same thing goes for the other side. LGBT people and their supporters should accept, that there are people not sharing their beliefs. If they are not physically and mentally abusing LGBT people, there should be no reason, why those people are constantly labeled as homophobes, bigotes etc.  There shouldn't be a reason why Monzanator and Olympian1010 can't sit on the same table, drinking bear, watching sports, talking about movies, books, planets etc., even though they clash on this particular topic. 

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Lesbians would probably attract some laughs and jokes, men would risk a physical confrontation especially if coming across a bunch of drunken muscles :p

It's a shame that lesbians can be laughed at and gay men can end up in a physical confronration just for holding hands. I don't understand why people would make comments about two men or two women holding hands while a man and a woman holding hands don't have that effect?

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I understand the difference but you still joked about the missing flight and the people that died there. Your sense of humor is toxic :dunno:

Or it’s a reflection of the grim “realities” of American life. It’s satire. If you don’t get satire, I can’t help you.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Both sides should just accept one anothers beliefs and just stop beating the dead horse. The sooner that happens, the better it will be for everyone.

I'm not a supporter of the LGBT and don't think it's way people should live their life, but should they be arrested and beaten - of course not. Everyone should be able to live a happy life, without hurting and offending other people, no matter who they are. If a friend of mine comes out as gay, will i change my attitude towards him, definitely not.

The same thing goes for the other side. LGBT people and their supporters should accept, that there are people not sharing their beliefs. If they are not physically and mentally abusing LGBT people, there should be no reason, why those people are constantly labeled as homophobes, bigotes etc.  There shouldn't be a reason why Monzanator and Olympian1010 can't sit on the same table, drinking bear, watching sports, talking about movies, books, planets etc., even though they clash on this particular topic. 

That might be the reason :p. This my position as well. If people don’t like it that’s okay, just don’t complain about it everytime you hear about it or see it. I’m allowed to confront someone’s opinion with mine when they voice theirs. However, those who don’t not speak out when LGBT are killed, tortured, etc. are just as guilty as those who do the killing.