website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If you think of LGBT people as only political, you’re seriously wrong. Asking for acceptance isn’t wrong. Asking to not be killed, jailed, and tortured because of the way you naturally feel isn’t wrong.

It shouldn’t matter who there’s more of.

A good democracy always supports minorities rights, just the same as a majorities.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or you should fight for what you believe in, and your family and closet friends should be supportive of you.

LGBT rights is a wonderful new weapon in a poitical battle (alongside climate change). The world has gotten rich enough, there is no global war (and nobody cares about real wars going on right now just like in Syria or Donbas) so people need to find a new weapon to fight that neverending political battle. LGBT rights is a win/win concept. Even those who don't support it can win a political capital based on their negative views.

I'm talking minority rule not minority rights.

My father would never accept having LGBT children (I asked him jokingly about that years ago). So much for the family support. It's DOA :lol:

Edited by Monzanator

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

LGBT rights is a wonderful new weapon in a poitical battle (alongside climate change). The world has gotten rich enough, there is no global war (and nobody cares about real wars going on right now just like in Syria or Donbas) so people need to find a new weapon to fight that neverending political battle. LGBT rights is a win/win concept.

I'm talking minority rule not minority rights.

My father would never accept having LGBT children (I asked him jokingly about that years ago). So much for the family support. It's DOA :lol:

It’s most certainly not. Climate Change is an actual universal (non-political because it will effect everyone and everything) problem, letting LBGT live in peace isn’t. Also, and again, there are people who care about what’s happening in Syria, Libya, Donbas, Mali, and Nigeria. There are reporters that put their lives on the line daily to try and bring these issues to people’s attention. This anti-journalist, anti-fact way of thinking that people on both sides of the aisle are adopting is very dangerous. 

The attitude of joking about LGBT (as some type of punchline) is very much part of the issue towards acceptance and tolerance. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s most certainly not. Climate Change is an actual universal (non-political because it will effect everyone and everything) problem, letting LBGT live in peace isn’t. Also, and again, there are people who care about what’s happening in Syria, Libya, Donbas, Mali, and Nigeria. There are reporters that put their lives on the line daily to try and bring these issues to people’s attention. This anti-journalist, anti-fact way of thinking that people on both sides of the aisle are adopting is very dangerous. 

The attitude of joking about LGBT (as some type of punchline) is very much part of the issue towards acceptance and tolerance. 

25 years ago the eco-maniacs have raved about the ozone hole killing the climate. Nobody talks about that anymore in 2019 and the hole has actually shrunk to record low levels since it was first measured. Climate changes happen without a significant human input IMO and shutting down coal mines and switching to electric cars won't help that whatsoever. That's my opinion and everything else is just a political talk.

Don't make me laugh, nobody gives a fuck about Donbas and Crimea anymore. Ereryone is afraid to step on Russia's tail :lol:

5 minutes ago, Wumo said:

@Monzanator Would two men or two women holding hands be shouted at if they walked through a Polist town?

You want speculation or facts? I don't live in a big enough town to see any LGBT people in public :p Men would have it far worse than women though.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

25 years ago the eco-maniacs have raved about the ozone hole killing the climate. Nobody talks about that anymore in 2019 and the hole has actually shrunk to record low levels since it was first measured. Climate changes happen without a significant human input IMO and shutting down coal mines and switching to electric cars won't help that whatsoever. That's my opinion and everything else is just a political talk.

Don't make me laugh, nobody gives a fuck about Donbas and Crimea anymore. Ereryone is afraid to step on Russia's tail :lol:

Sometimes I just can’t with you. It’s a real shame you believe stuff like this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah. I always find it curious how nobody talks about Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Ever.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

You want speculation or facts? I don't live in a big enough town to see any LGBT people in public :p Men would have it far worse than women though.

Which is also a problem since toxic masculinity is an issue closely related to LGBT rights...

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah. I always find it curious how nobody talks about Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Ever.

Is that the one that got shot down, or the one that disappeared?

If it’s the one that got shot down, the Russian rebels did it (with the help of the Russian government)

If its the one that disappeared, it was aliens, the Illuminati, or the hand of god that did it. :p

Edited by Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sometimes I just can’t with you. It’s a real shame you believe stuff like this.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's not my fault you don't remember the ozone hole craze of the 80s/90s. That craze has died a natural death and kinda proves climate change is immune to human actions IMO.