website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Doesn’t mean shit in California. We give our 53 electoral votes to “Not-Trump”, and then we continue being a thorn in the side of the national government. We’re like if Scotland was a state at this point.

Trump doesn't care about California, he comes here once in a while, won't dare doing a rally here, and barely even mentions the horrible state of homelessness here. He's in Gavin Newsom's head much more then Newsom is in his (hopefully recall coming for newsom, i signed my part). And it's not votes to "Not-Trump" it's to "Not-GOP" , unfortunately GOP didn't win California since 92. Oh well

20 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Trump doesn't care about California, he comes here once in a while, won't dare doing a rally here, and barely even mentions the horrible state of homelessness here. He's in Gavin Newsom's head much more then Newsom is in his (hopefully recall coming for newsom, i signed my part). And it's not votes to "Not-Trump" it's to "Not-GOP" , unfortunately GOP didn't win California since 92. Oh well

Good luck recalling Newsom. He may very well be president one day. I a bit surprised he didn’t enter the 2020 if I’m being honest (same goes for Brown). California is essentially on its own at this point. I think we’ve reached Texas/New York status. I’m happily Californian before I’m American. GOP doesn’t win in California because we’re all land of values, dreams, and hopes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Good luck recalling Newsom. He may very well be president one day. I a bit surprised he didn’t enter the 2020 if I’m being honest (same goes for Brown). California is essentially on its own at this point. I think we’ve reached Texas/New York status. I’m happily Californian before I’m American. GOP doesn’t win in California because we’re all land of values, dreams, and hopes.

I'm not sure the 60k homeless on the streets of L.A , plus the homeless on the streets of SF (i dont know how many there are, but a lot) agree with you. The only places of normality in l.a is west san fernando valley who actually elected a republican to the city council. Also we have fairly small amount of vagrants littering our streets

23 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I'm not sure the 60k homeless on the streets of L.A , plus the homeless on the streets of SF (i dont know how many there are, but a lot) agree with you. The only places of normality in l.a is west san fernando valley who actually elected a republican to the city council. Also we have fairly small amount of vagrants littering our streets

That’s because y’all don’t want to offer them any help. Their more likely to survive if they move to Skid Row, and other tent cities. The state does need to fix this problem, but Republicans hate rent control, public funding, and raising the taxes; all of which are necessary to fix the problem.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s because y’all don’t want to offer them any help. Their more likely to survive if they move to Skid Row, and other tent cities. The state does need to fix this problem, but Republicans hate rent control, public funding, and raising the taxes; all of which are necessary to fix the problem.

Republicans have no influence here, it's the state that needs to come up with rent control, affordable living. But last i checked the state politicians rather fight trump then help it's own state. Adam Schiff is the Hollywood district Rep, Nancy Pelosi is San Francisco, they are not doing anything for their cities. And people like Garcetti, or Newsom only wants to talk yet not do anything about it. Measure HHH was passed with over $1b funding for homeless, yet that money is gone? the city hall is corrupt, read up about the city council that are under investigation by the FBI for taking kickbacks from real estate developers to tear down affordable living that doesn't help them financially and instead build luxury living that people cannot afford

On 22/12/2019 at 08:55, Olympian1010 said:

California has the highest income tax among all US states already and you want to raise that? :rolleyes:  Good luck with that :roflmao:

34 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

California has the highest income tax among all US states already and you want to raise that? :rolleyes:  Good luck with that :roflmao:

I made need the services those taxes pay for one day. I think it’s fine that are taxes are high. Our taxes would lower if the federal government did its job.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I made need the services those taxes pay for one day. I think it’s fine that are taxes are high. Our taxes would lower if the federal government did its job.

Who runs the California state in first place? It's a Democrats dominated state these days. USA is proud of its federal ways until it doesn't work and you pin the blame on the other party because it's convenient. If there was a success to brag about, you'd sure didn't want to pin it on the GOP federal government :roflmao:

Caifornia is the prime reason why democratic sociallism wouldn't work in the USA. You can't handle the shit even with the highest taxes around.

29 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Who runs the California state in first place? It's a Democrats dominated state these days. USA is proud of its federal ways until it doesn't work and you pin the blame on the other party because it's convenient. If there was a success to brag about, you'd sure didn't want to pin it on the GOP federal government :roflmao:

Caifornia is the prime reason why democratic sociallism wouldn't work in the USA. You can't handle the shit even with the highest taxes around.

No, definitely because the federal government is failing. California has issues, but taxes isn’t one of them.