website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I really have no sympathy for illegal immigrants who jumped the fence or overstayed their welcome , who just want to come here to be a burden on tax payers. I'm sorry that you have a shitty situation in your country but it's really not our problem, there are a lot of problems around the world, and i dont intend to solve all of them. Thank god for ICE and the wonderful work that they are doing by cleaning those people

Step 1: cause a shitload of problems all over the world

Step 2: ignore the results of said problems and let other people waste away because of them

#winning

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I really have no sympathy for illegal immigrants who jumped the fence or overstayed their welcome , who just want to come here to be a burden on tax payers. I'm sorry that you have a shitty situation in your country but it's really not our problem, there are a lot of problems around the world, and i dont intend to solve all of them. Thank god for ICE and the wonderful work that they are doing by cleaning those people

Yes because they are the reason our tax system is broken, not companies like Amazon, or tycoons like Bezos, Trump, and Koch. 

Except that is is! We founded the contras to fight the communists in Central American. We created a breeding ground for cartels, and have them the perfect conditions to thrive in. We proliferated Central American with guns, money, and infrastructure that the cartels, contras, and gangs now use to control and terrorize the populations of those countries we “tried” to “protect”.

There are a lot of Human problems around the world, and we should a be doing at least something small to try and solve them. It is very true that we cannot not solve them, it just it. But we owe it to our shared humanity to give it a shot. The best times the world has seen has come at times of peace and openness, not at times of war.

We should #AbolishICE and punish those responsible for the domestic terrorism they have caused. 

I’m sorry what! We’ve seen this language before: 1930 in Germany, 1990 in Rwanda, in China right now. I don’t aim to model our country after those nations. That is dangerous language you are using. People should not “be cleaned”. I’m honestly horrified that you’d even use that language. I mean that’s the language of genocide right there. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Step 1: cause a shitload of problems all over the world

Step 2: ignore the results of said problems and let other people waste away because of them

#winning

Sometimes I feel like this what the US State Department’s playbook is, and really makes no sense. We went to “liberate” Afghanistan and Iraq, but instead almost every civilian hates us now, and we won’t even let the Iraqi translators who were instrumental in our effort gain green cards. It would be like going freeing a kidnapped person, and then keeping them hostage in the same house!

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes because they are the reason our tax system is broken, not companies like Amazon, or tycoons like Bezos, Trump, and Koch. 

Except that is is! We founded the contras to fight the communists in Central American. We created a breeding ground for cartels, and have them the perfect conditions to thrive in. We proliferated Central American with guns, money, and infrastructure that the cartels, contras, and gangs now use to control and terrorize the populations of those countries we “tried” to “protect”.

There are a lot of Human problems around the world, and we should a be doing at least something small to try and solve them. It is very true that we cannot not solve them, it just it. But we owe it to our shared humanity to give it a shot. The best times the world has seen has come at times of peace and openness, not at times of war.

We should #AbolishICE and punish those responsible for the domestic terrorism they have caused. 

I’m sorry what! We’ve seen this language before: 1930 in Germany, 1990 in Rwanda, in China right now. I don’t aim to model our country after those nations. That is dangerous language you are using. People should not “be cleaned”. I’m honestly horrified that you’d even use that language. I mean that’s the language of genocide right there. 

First of all ICE shouldn't be abolished but much more empowered.  To the point where they will have power over local authorities.  Where those sanctuary city idiots cannot block them from deporting illegals.    And btw those responsible are the obama administration.   So while I would love to see Barry behind bars.  That's not happening.    

And by be cleaned I obviously mean deported and not anything else.  There is so much murder and rape that is done by illegals.   You dont want me to send you links.   

And btw.  I mean it.   You should join in with the nolympicsla people if those are your views.    There will be a massive waive of deportation leading up to it and there is no way they are leaving downtown looking like it is now so i dont know what but something will definetly be done with the homeless and probably wont be to everyone's liking

19 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

First of all ICE shouldn't be abolished but much more empowered.  To the point where they will have power over local authorities.  Where those sanctuary city idiots cannot block them from deporting illegals.    And btw those responsible are the obama administration.   So while I would love to see Barry behind bars.  That's not happening.    

And by be cleaned I obviously mean deported and not anything else.  There is so much murder and rape that is done by illegals.   You dont want me to send you links.   

Obama: had policies you don't agree with --> HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL

Trump: more or less admitting he's perfectly cool with sexual assault, a ton more claims against him, proven law breaker, impeachable offenses stacking up, being supported again and again and again by people who have nothing to gain (and some actually only having a lot to lose) by doing so --> "Nah no problem, it's a witchhunt!"

It's just really unbelievable.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yes because ICE isn’t already armed to the teeth :wacko:. ICE should not have power over local authorities, that’s a dangerous game right there too. I’m so happy that we live in a Sanctuary county, and that my college actively helps undocumented immigrants. How is Obama responsible for the immigration crisis?

You cannot use the word cleaned. I generally don’t tell people how to use language, but I would suggest you never use that again. That’s some shit that the likes of Hitler said. 

A lot of murder and rape is done by a lot of good ole white boys too, and they often get away with it on and regular business. Undocumented immigrants bring much more than crime to our country. Send me links. I’ve got some for you too.

26 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

And btw.  I mean it.   You should join in with the nolympicsla people if those are your views.    There will be a massive waive of deportation leading up to it and there is no way they are leaving downtown looking like it is now so i dont know what but something will definetly be done with the homeless and probably wont be to everyone's liking

It’s my belief that LA can host a successful edition of the Olympic Games. The NOlympics people are wrong in my opinion. I hope that our city does not let the “glory” or “prestige” of the games taint our wonderful society. The areas where the games will take place are completely safe, and fine venues. The city should worry more about traffic and venue security more than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes because ICE isn’t already armed to the teeth :wacko:. ICE should not have power over local authorities, that’s a dangerous game right there too. I’m so happy that we live in a Sanctuary county, and that my college actively helps undocumented immigrants. How is Obama responsible for the immigration crisis?

You cannot use the word cleaned. I generally don’t tell people how to use language, but I would suggest you never use that again. That’s some shit that the likes of Hitler said. 

A lot of murder and rape is done by a lot of good ole white boys too, and they often get away with it on and regular business. Undocumented immigrants bring much more than crime to our country. Send me links. I’ve got some for you too.

Unless you mean antelope valley.  But l.a county is definetly not a sanctuary county.  Just Santa clarita down the freeway from you are very much against sanctuary policies.    

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No idea how it is there, but here, whenever there's some little piece of news like "Teenager robbed on the street", "Old lady stabbed", "Guy beaten to death" or just a lot more "X robbed by group of people"-kind of items, one can basically just guess the description of the people police is looking for...8 out of 10 times it's more or less the same. Which is why it's also dangerous for people (mostly at the very left of the spectrum) to keep telling that people shouldn't focus so much on that.