website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's a huge problem for the left-wingers Trump is the most Jewish-friendly president USA has ever had. You'd love to throw him under the racism bus however you can't because the Jewish people would grill you. And let's face it, getting the Jewish votes in USA is way more important than Muslims votes.

Jewish isn’t a race. An ethnicity yes. There are many other reasons for me to think of him as a racist. Well the democrats get more Jewish and Muslim votes than the Republicans do so...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Some children were brought over at a few months old, or a few years old. Some can’t speak fluent languages needed to survive in foreign countries, and many of no connections to their “homeland”. Obama only had to create DACA the way did become Republicans refused to vote on anything while he was in office. When Republicans start suggesting alternatives other than racially motivated deportation, I will be all ears, and gladly listening.

It's honestly simple, you dont have green card, your visa expired, you shouldn't be here, apply for asylum, go by the legal channels and that's all good, but don`t cut corners and think that you should get some special treatment

1 minute ago, ofan said:

For the record, I obviously don't dislike him either. I just don't think Trump supporters are worth discussing politics with, as they're too far gone of the deep end. That's why sports exist for friendlier debate instead :d 

Just don’t talk about sports moments from the decade, or start a topic about the 2025 EYOF, or bring up Caster Semenya, or discuss the allocation of YOG quotas :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, not from San Fran. I’m SoCal born and raised. I’d say the wealthy corporations are responsible for what happened in San Francisco. I’ve been to Hollyweed, it seemed quite fine while I was there. We’re full of the homeless because the national government refuses to give us any support. Plus, when citizens suggest ideas about how to solve the problem conservatives always complain that those plans cost money. Also, I’ve volunteered at my local homeless shelter (unlike you I’d imagine), and let me tell you, those people deserve nothing but love and support. Our lack of action turns them to hard drugs. The anti-vax movement in the state is the reason we see these diseases break out. I’ve also never seen “shit flowing down the streets”. The only thing “flowing down” our streets is dust, tumbleweeds, and on rare occasion, water.  I hope you have some people in mind to work the labor intensive jobs that you claim immigrants are “stealing”. Republicans will clean the streets? Yes, they’re own in neighborhoods where no black or brown people live, and where there’s not a homeless person in sight. They sure as hell ain’t providing homeless housing because that would cost the state money, and it might have to come out of their pockets ?. I’m ashamed to have the house minority leader as my rep. Hopefully we cancel his ass in 2020.

Yes, these elections won’t be close because Trump will lose the popular vote by millions. The American people see what a con-artist, lair, and cheat our “president” is. This process is partisan, and that’s why Trump will still be in office at the end of it. There’s no need to overturn an election we won, but only technically lost. Trump may win, but we will give it our all in 2020. Russia did meddle in our elections, just like in Britain’s past elections too. The “swamp” won’t be drained until we stop election complete idiots like Trump, McCarthy, Nunez, Graham, Cruz, and McConnell to government positions. Your “red wave” was really impressive in 2018 and 2019 elections. Trump may win the presidency, as unfucking believable that is, but the Democratic Party will more likely than not remain in control of the house.

Trump has been the worst president in history (though Jackson, Taylor, and Nixon could give him a run for his money). We are putting America behind. It’s a change from not terrible, to baby that shits itself daily because the mean French and Canadian guys were laughing at it. Obama wasn’t the President, but he was 100 times better than Trump could ever dream to be.

The left-wingers have gotten so liberal & progressive they forgot about their roots - the hard working blue collars who are by no means liberal. Jeremy Corbyn got a huge reality check on that and even Labour knows they've become an urban liberal party which is not what any left-wing party is coming from. Trump won because the conservative rust belt voted for him instead of the left-wing Democrats. Hilary Clinton represented the urban elite which used to be the most obvious enemy of any left-wing movement dating back to 19th century.

Yeah, you're gonna win the age 30 liberal progressive voters BUT that's not enough to overcome the age 45+ blue collars who show more discipline when it comes to voting. Those old guys gonna cost you every single election, that's why Sanders and Cortez-Ocasio are equally as doomed as Corbyn was in the UK.

If you're gonna worry more about the Russian hackers and the impeachment you're gonna lose even more touch with those left-wing roots. Hollywood and 25 year olds from urban areas will not win you the elections over Trump.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The left-wingers have gotten so liberal & progressive they forgot about their roots - the hard working blue collars who are by no means liberal. Jeremy Corbyn got a huge reality check on that and even Labour knows they've become an urban liberal party which is not what any left-wing party is coming from. Trump won because the conservative rust belt voted for him instead of the left-wing Democrats. Hilary Clinton represented the urban elite which used to be the most obvious enemy of any left-wing movement dating back to 19th century.

Yeah, you're gonna win the age 30 liberal progressive voters BUT that's not enough to overcome the age 45+ blue collars who show more discipline when it comes to voting. Those old guys gonna cost you every single election, that's why Sanders and Cortez-Ocasio are equally as doomed as Corbyn was in the UK.

If you're gonna worry more about the Russian hackers and the impeachment you're gonna lose even more touch with those left-wing roots. Hollywood and 25 year olds from urban areas will not win you the elections over Trump.

Even Obama who i obviously dislike, said few weeks ago that the democrats went too far left. For their sake i hope that Biden will get the nomination, because if it will be Bernie or Warren..... it definitely wont end well for them

Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

5 minutes ago, ofan said:

Yeah, the truth being that he doesn't actually give a shit about Israel - it's purely for votes, as you mentioned. Look no further than his casual bigoted remarks a few days ago in front of the Israeli American Council that many saw as bigoted. 

Setting up the US Embassy in Jerusalem was the most Jewish-friendly act by any sitting President since Israel was created. There's just no way the Democrats can ridicule that or else they're losing millions of Jewish voters in the US and they're officially screwed.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Setting up the US Embassy in Jerusalem was the most Jewish-friendly act by any sitting President since Israel was created. There's just no way the Democrats can ridicule that or else they're losing millions of Jewish voters in the US and they're officially screwed.

He also accepted the Golan Heights as a territory of Israel, keep fighting the Squad on stuff that they are saying against Israel. He is very Israel friendly, and i'm sure that the jewish vote is part of it. But at this point, why would any self respecting Jew will vote for a party that is Bringing us superstars like AOC, Omar or Tlaib that are openly anti semitic (among other things) 

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Even Obama who i obviously dislike, say few weeks ago that the democrats went too far left. For their sake i hope that Biden will get the nomination, because if it will be Bernie or Warren..... it definitely wont end well for them

CNN is just as liberal and Democrat-friendly as any media goes and even they begin to realize what the REAL problem really is:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/14/politics/us-britain-politics-boris-johnson-donald-trump-labour-party-democrats-election-2020/index.html

Obama was Tony Blair. Cut the sociallism bullshit (Obamacare wasn't really that because in USA if you don't have medical insurance you might as well check in as homeless) and ride with the moderate wave. It worked for him very well indeed. Funny how it worked for Blair well too until he slipped on the Iraqi invasion which he was forced to ride with the ole buddies from USA.

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Worst president in history is number 44. The redwave took over the senate and yes the house was lost but we will get it back. And stop saying popular vote , popular vote doesn't matter, only the electoral college, so no, hillary didnt win, she lost.

And how exactly did you vote for Pelosi if she's a house representative of San Francisco? hmmm. Yea i never been to Lancaster so i can't talk about that, but hollywood is full of homeless. Homeless that cannot get housing due to the cost of the illegal immigrants to the state.

The american people see the president that puts america first, lowest unemployment ever, lowest unemployment between blacks and latinos, highest gdp, rebuilding of the military. If some foreign countries don't like it? well i'm sorry, that's the point of putting america first. He might not be PC, but he will do whatever is best for the country (btw who destroyed ISIS? wasn't obama). He did everything he promised, and he's leading polls already, so settle in, 2020 will be fun, but hey you might get your wish of a dem president, but you'll have to wait until january 2025

If the popular vote doesn’t matter, than are we a democracy? In a democracy everyone’s vote count equallly. Is that true today? Clinton lost because she was a weak candidate. People got punished for a bad choice they made. 

Oh fuck :facepalm:. I got her and Feinstein mixed up. They’re both old and white as hell. It’s so hard to tell white people apart. Thanks for saying where I live after I’ve been vague about it for 2 years for personal reasons :yes. We have a large homeless population up here to. Mayor Parris (R) has done little to solve the problem. I’ve have numerous community college friends that could give you personal stories about being homeless, and how it’s not the undocumented immigrants fault. 

Unemployment is low yes, but are people being paid the wages they deserve? If the whole population is employed, but only paid 1 dollar an hour, is that economy functioning well? The thing about economics is that it overlooks people. California’s GDP is great, yet we have a massive homeless problem. People can talk about the economy all they want, but in reality it overlooks all major issues. If our economy is good, why cannot people afford or obtain healthcare? Also, we should be working towards peace. When you ask a child what makes them happy, none of them will ever answer with war. Maybe if we invested a bit more in social programs, the state department, and the UN, we wouldn’t need a large military at all. If putting America “first” means turning our back on those in need, then we’re not truly “first”. Countries that provide the most common good for humanity are the countries that are “first”. I’m curious as to what good our military brought Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, and Central America? In fact I’d say their responsible for creating the immigration problem in the first place. 

ISIS isn’t destroyed. They may have no territory, but still definitely exist. Our military under both Obama and Trump did a great job or working with our allies to free Syria and Iraq from the cold grip of ISIS, but now Trump has made our allies our enemies, which has created conditions for ISIS prisoners to escape. He’s not done most of the things he promised, mostly because they were vague ideas created in order to race bait and galvanize the right. I’ll let my votes do the talking in 2020.

20 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

It's honestly simple, you dont have green card, your visa expired, you shouldn't be here, apply for asylum, go by the legal channels and that's all good, but don`t cut corners and think that you should get some special treatment

I want you to explain to how you would convey this to child below the age of five, and then not only justify sending them back to “their country”, but also separating them from their parents, since you yourself are an immigrant.