website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

@Olympian1010 I would just cut your losses. You're debating against someone speaking verbatim from a Fox News comment section. It's not worth it. As you yourself have admitted, you are left-wing and I don't totally agree with everything you say, but at least your side does not peddle in conspiracy theories and falsehoods like these Trumpists do. For that reason, like I said, you're talking to a brick wall by trying to debate with this guy. 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

The founding fathers also thought that slavery was fine, women and black people didn’t need to vote, and the natives were “savages” that need “education”. Some undocumented immigrants have never known any country but this country. What about them?

This. Something I never understand about Americans is why you worship a document drafted by men who all had syphilis and owned slaves.  

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The founding fathers also thought that slavery was fine, women and black people didn’t need to vote, and the natives were “savages” that need “education”. Some undocumented immigrants have never known any country but this country. What about them?

If they didn't know any country but this, that would make them citizens.... wouldn't it? unless you mean DACA that 100% should be cancelled, it is unconstitutional and obama had no right to enact it and it needs to be cancelled asap

5 minutes ago, ofan said:

@Olympian1010 I would just cut your losses. You're debating against someone speaking verbatim from a Fox News comment section. It's not worth it. As you yourself have admitted, you are left-wing and I don't totally agree with everything you say, but at least your side does not peddle in conspiracy theories and falsehoods like these Trumpists do. For that reason, like I said, you're talking to a brick wall by trying to debate with this guy. 

It's a huge problem for the left-wingers Trump is the most Jewish-friendly president USA has ever had. You'd love to throw him under the racism bus however you can't because the Jewish people would grill you. And let's face it, getting the Jewish votes in USA is way more important than Muslims votes.

6 minutes ago, ofan said:

I find it enjoyable, and quite literally have nothing better to do until “Watchmen” comes on in an hour, so I have to do something to kill the time. While I agree that I won’t change any minds tonight, it’s always worth a shot. I don’t dislike @Maxim Fastovsky as a person, so there’s nothing wrong with a spirited argument, especially when there are so few republicans around in California.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, ofan said:

This. Something I never understand about Americans is why you worship a document drafted by men who all had syphilis and owned slaves.  

Some even “boinked” said slaves, and didn’t even give those kids freedom.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's a huge problem for the left-wingers Trump is the most Jewish-friendly president USA has ever had. You'd love to throw him under the racism bus however you can't because the Jewish people would grill you. And let's face it, getting the Jewish votes in USA is way more important than Muslims votes.

Yeah, the truth being that he doesn't actually give a shit about Israel - it's purely for votes, as you mentioned. Look no further than his casual bigoted remarks a few days ago in front of the Israeli American Council that many saw as bigoted. 

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, not from San Fran. I’m SoCal born and raised. I’d say the wealthy corporations are responsible for what happened in San Francisco. I’ve been to Hollyweed, it seemed quite fine while I was there. We’re full of the homeless because the national government refuses to give us any support. Plus, when citizens suggest ideas about how to solve the problem conservatives always complain that those plans cost money. Also, I’ve volunteered at my local homeless shelter (unlike you I’d imagine), and let me tell you, those people deserve nothing but love and support. Our lack of action turns them to hard drugs. The anti-vax movement in the state is the reason we see these diseases break out. I’ve also never seen “shit flowing down the streets”. The only thing “flowing down” our streets is dust, tumbleweeds, and on rare occasion, water.  I hope you have some people in mind to work the labor intensive jobs that you claim immigrants are “stealing”. Republicans will clean the streets? Yes, they’re own in neighborhoods where no black or brown people live, and where there’s not a homeless person in sight. They sure as hell ain’t providing homeless housing because that would cost the state money, and it might have to come out of their pockets ?. I’m ashamed to have the house minority leader as my rep. Hopefully we cancel his ass in 2020.

Yes, these elections won’t be close because Trump will lose the popular vote by millions. The American people see what a con-artist, lair, and cheat our “president” is. This process is partisan, and that’s why Trump will still be in office at the end of it. There’s no need to overturn an election we won, but only technically lost. Trump may win, but we will give it our all in 2020. Russia did meddle in our elections, just like in Britain’s past elections too. The “swamp” won’t be drained until we stop election complete idiots like Trump, McCarthy, Nunez, Graham, Cruz, and McConnell to government positions. Your “red wave” was really impressive in 2018 and 2019 elections. Trump may win the presidency, as unfucking believable that is, but the Democratic Party will more likely than not remain in control of the house.

Trump has been the worst president in history (though Jackson, Taylor, and Nixon could give him a run for his money). We are putting America behind. It’s a change from not terrible, to baby that shits itself daily because the mean French and Canadian guys were laughing at it. Obama wasn’t the President, but he was 100 times better than Trump could ever dream to be.

Worst president in history is number 44. The redwave took over the senate and yes the house was lost but we will get it back. And stop saying popular vote , popular vote doesn't matter, only the electoral college, so no, hillary didnt win, she lost.

And how exactly did you vote for Pelosi if she's a house representative of San Francisco? hmmm. Yea i never been to Lancaster so i can't talk about that, but hollywood is full of homeless. Homeless that cannot get housing due to the cost of the illegal immigrants to the state.

The american people see the president that puts america first, lowest unemployment ever, lowest unemployment between blacks and latinos, highest gdp, rebuilding of the military. If some foreign countries don't like it? well i'm sorry, that's the point of putting america first. He might not be PC, but he will do whatever is best for the country (btw who destroyed ISIS? wasn't obama). He did everything he promised, and he's leading polls already, so settle in, 2020 will be fun, but hey you might get your wish of a dem president, but you'll have to wait until january 2025

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

If they didn't know any country but this, that would make them citizens.... wouldn't it? unless you mean DACA that 100% should be cancelled, it is unconstitutional and obama had no right to enact it and it needs to be cancelled asap

Some children were brought over at a few months old, or a few years old. Some can’t speak fluent languages needed to survive in foreign countries, and many of no connections to their “homeland”. Obama only had to create DACA the way did become Republicans refused to vote on anything while he was in office. When Republicans start suggesting alternatives other than racially motivated deportation, I will be all ears, and gladly listening.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I find it enjoyable, and quite literally have nothing better to do until “Watchmen” comes on in an hour, so I have to do something to kill the time. While I agree that I won’t change any minds tonight, it’s always worth a shot. I don’t dislike @Maxim Fastovsky as a person, so there’s nothing wrong with a spirited argument, especially when there are so few republicans around in California.

For the record, I obviously don't dislike him either. I just don't think Trump supporters are worth discussing politics with, as they're too far gone of the deep end. That's why sports exist for friendlier debate instead :d