website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Not a fan of this new citizenship law in :IND. Definitely moving in the wrong direction, away from peace their. Clearly enough people haven’t watched Slumdog Millionare...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not a fan of this new citizenship law in :IND. Definitely moving in the wrong direction, away from peace their. Clearly enough people haven’t watched Slumdog Millionare...

1) What exactly is your problem with the amendment in the citizenship law. 2) How is Slumdog Millionaire connected with it? 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can you please explain what is the problem and let me try to answer from the perspective of a Indian.

26 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Can you please explain what is the problem and let me try to answer from the perspective of a Indian.

What's the deal with the 'It goes for every religion.........eeeexcept Muslims'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_(Amendment)_Act,_2019

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's the deal with the 'It goes for every religion.........eeeexcept Muslims'?

First one what is CAB?

It is an act giving naturalisation rights to people from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh who belong to Hindu, Christian, Parsi, Jain ,Sikh communities. in short non - muslims. Now before you get into your bandwagon and think you know about Indian politics, just here me out. 

1: This is for people of 3 countries mentioned above who are non- Muslims. 

2: It is because they have fled those countries out of fear of execution, oppression or unable to practice their religious rights.

3: Now why non- Muslims. If you look properly above 3 countries are self announced Muslim Nation. So whatever you say their existence means other people are secondary citizens.

4: Coming to Muslims why should India give citizenship to Muslim who left their own Muslim countries. 

5: It is not to discount any Muslim who might have also fled these countries for fear of circumstances, they have all the right to seek citizenship which will be looked in case to case basis.

Why should India provide citizenship to Muslims who are leaving their Muslim countries. Where as India has to provide citizenship to people belonging to other religions because they are unable to live in the country because of fear of exploitation and execution.

Edited by Shravan Kumar

3 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

First one what is CAB?

It is an act giving naturalisation rights to people from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh who belong to Hindu, Christian, Parsi, Jain ,Sikh communities. in short non - muslims. Now before you get into your bandwagon and think you know about Indian politics, just here me out. 

1: This is for people of 3 countries mentioned above who are non- Muslims. 

2: It is because they have fled those countries out of fear of execution, oppression or unable to practice their religious rights.

3: Now why non- Muslims. If you look properly above 3 countries are self announced Muslim Nation. So whatever you say their existence means other people are secondary citizens.

4: Coming to Muslims why should India give citizenship to Muslim who left their own Muslim countries. 

5: It is not to discount any Muslim who might have also fled these countries for fear of circumstances, they have all the right to seek citizenship which will be looked in case to case basis.

Why should India provide citizenship to Muslims who are leaving their Muslim countries. Where as India has to provide citizenship to people belonging to other religions because they are unable to live in the country because of fear of exploitation.

I literally never said I know anything about Indian politics because I completely don't, no reason to immediately go on the offensive mate :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

This bill expedites the citizenship process for persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. All three countries targeted in the bill are Islamic nations, so Muslims in these three countries are not religious minorities. 

Persecuted Muslims from these three countries are still free to apply for refugee/citizenship of India. Those applications will be dealt with according to the existing laws. Similarly, even Hindus from around the world are not covered under this law. 

At the time of Indian independence/partition there was a substantial population of minority in both India and Pakistan which stayed back. Partition was accompanied by large scale riots. India-Pakistan signed Nehru-Liaqat Pact to safeguard minority rights in both countries. But, sadly Pakistan has failed in its duty towards its minorities miserably. Same with Bangladesh. Indira-Mujib Pact has not stopped the persecution of minorities in Bangladesh. We all are aware of the situation in Afghanistan with Taliban. This has resulted in a large number of religious refugees from these three nations in India. Hence, we have created a law addressing the situation. We created similar laws expediting citizenship to Indian-origin Ugandans when they were running away from Idi Amin. 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I literally never said I know anything about Indian politics because I completely don't, no reason to immediately go on the offensive mate :d 

I was not going on offensive, I was not saying that to you. I was just saying for anyone who is reading and saying things that first understand what it is. my English is not so good sometimes I might be interpreted different than what I was trying to say.

16 minutes ago, George_D said:

@bestmen Algeria has a new president after 20 years!! 

Yeah, don’t get the feeling he’s loved by the population...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela